Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 06:09 PM

4,397 posts, read 4,284,253 times

Advertisements

What I'm wondering is what kind of immigrants are they deporting? If they can help the economy and are non violent than they should probably be allowed to stay. Italy could have a population problem if they don't increase their birthrate or allow more skilled immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2018, 08:06 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,137,281 times
In other news it was reported that failed asylum seekers turned to jihad all over Italy out of frustration as there was, reportedly, "no other choice".

Old 05-24-2018, 01:07 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,333,347 times
I don't believe it until it happens and I hope they send them back and not to Germany.

Old 05-24-2018, 05:19 AM

9,358 posts, read 14,303,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
What I'm wondering is what kind of immigrants are they deporting? If they can help the economy and are non violent than they should probably be allowed to stay. Italy could have a population problem if they don't increase their birthrate or allow more skilled immigrants.
Italy has been in effect expelling its own skilled citizens since the early 1990s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
I don't believe it until it happens and I hope they send them back and not to Germany.
In the event, a lot of them have gone to Germany, also France, Australia, Canada, UK, US, some even to Spain and points in Latin America.

We know who has replaced them.

Last edited by bale002; 05-24-2018 at 06:10 AM..

Old 05-24-2018, 10:09 AM

9,358 posts, read 14,303,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post

I hope they fail fast so we can have something better.
The last 27 years or so show that there is nothing better, and that's the very reason why they are at this point now, having played the "it-could-be-worse" card too often.

But they'll probably manage to engineer another failure and play that card a few more times.

Old 05-26-2018, 12:46 AM

412 posts, read 301,761 times
Maybe responsible persons in italian government are start using their brains. Good news

Old 05-26-2018, 11:17 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Not good. The country is already is losing population.
Africans are not Italians, so there was never a solution there. Filling Florence with the population of the Sudan does not mean that it still Florence. Doing so replaces Florence.

Pro-family policies and a return to a pro-family culture would work though.

Quote:
What I'm wondering is what kind of immigrants are they deporting? If they can help the economy and are non violent than they should probably be allowed to stay.
The vast majority of new immigrants are not only low skilled but have no usable education as adults. The African education system is barely existent. Economic migrants should not be "allowed to stay". They have tried to circumvent the system under false pretense. They should go back.

Old 05-26-2018, 12:38 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Africans are not Italians, so there was never a solution there. Filling Florence with the population of the Sudan does not mean that it still Florence. Doing so replaces Florence.

The vast majority of new immigrants are not only low skilled but have no usable education as adults. The African education system is barely existent. Economic migrants should not be "allowed to stay". They have tried to circumvent the system under false pretense. They should go back.
If we are talking about the Sudanese specifically, then lack of education is half of the problem.
This BS mentality of the society however IS a problem;

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/16/afric...ncy/index.html

These people have no place in Europe, until they evolve somehow.

Old 05-26-2018, 03:03 PM

4,397 posts, read 4,284,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post

Well, that's interesting. I will say this, in America most African immigrants are upper middle class and well educated, most have kids that go to college and get decent jobs. It's odd seeing the contrast of African immigrants in America compared to ones in Europe.

Old 05-26-2018, 03:22 PM

1,891 posts, read 1,684,166 times
Quote:
Well, that's interesting. I will say this, in America most African immigrants are upper middle class and well educated, most have kids that go to college and get decent jobs. It's odd seeing the contrast of African immigrants in America compared to ones in Europe.
Because it's not people running away from wars, famines, or cholera... You don't go through Libya for the fun..

In USA, it's upper class in Africa that leave for a well developed country with a lot of opportunities..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe