Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 02:47 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,212,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublinner View Post
If you say that, then you might have never visited Extremadura.
As i said, I lived near Extremadura and visited several times when I was there. It was okay, but nothing to write home about IMO. I likely would not need go back again to visit that part of Spain, while I could go back to Andalusia in a heartbeat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2018, 11:35 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescaito View Post
Which is better for visiting or living in ? Which has better food? friendlier people? better weather? better scenery?
I'm loving it here in Catalonia.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:35 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Andalucia wins between the two. It just has so much more than Extremadura. Sevilla, Cadiz, Granada, Cordoba, are all amazing places to visit. That being said, Extremadura is a nice place to visit still.

Old 07-08-2018, 11:09 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 9 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,920,579 times
Rational world class tourism versus overly rustic joke of not offering anything. Sudden refusals of hesitation, everyone is seeing hypnotic allure of Andalusia (Especially Seville, including any visible grounds of the entire region). Never opt out at the latter. Extremadura is absolutely the only lackluster region of the entire empire: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...Ccaa-spain.png One of my favorite cities in all of mainland Europe. What a dream paradise for me that went on a journey voyage from Malaga to Seville. Equal preference to Madrid. Lots of variety remaining without leaving the national picture.

Old 07-12-2018, 01:14 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,420,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescaito View Post
Nope not Spanish, I am American.

Why would I want to bash Andalusia? I have never been there.I would like to visit (and perhaps live there) but I wanted the input of people who are more familiar with both places. I love traditional Spanish towns and mild weather(hate winter) , good food, nice people but I also dislike crowds. Perhaps another part of Spain would be better?
I'm laughing a bit as I write this ... I think it was my first visit to Sevilla that I ordered pescaito frito for my meal. I swear, one of the little fish seemed to be a fried goldfish. Joking aside, I would enjoy revisiting Extremadura. I enjoyed my limited time there. But ... Andalucia is easier to love. Next time, I would like to spend a few days in and around Grazalema, which is said to be the rainiest place in Spain, surprisingly. Driving through the area, it is interesting to see how so many little towns have their own unique character, especially due to geography.

Old 07-15-2018, 11:03 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,389,597 times
Love the spaghetti westerns some of which were filmed in the Almeria area of Andalucia which has
Europe's only desert called Tabernas (disputed)

http://www.unique-almeria.com/mini-hollywood.html

Last edited by WildWestDude; 07-15-2018 at 11:12 PM..

Old 07-16-2018, 10:35 AM

505 posts, read 393,424 times
Extremadura ....the province of Caceres, Las Hurdes, the frontier with Portugal.
Extremeños are friendly, les tourism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe