Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 11:15 AM

766 posts, read 1,254,230 times

Advertisements

I work at an immigration law firm that specializes in getting Europeans to come to America by starting businesses here. I'm looking to relocate to a wealthy european country so I can get more business for the firm. Where would y'all recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 07:40 PM

118 posts, read 141,342 times
I'd guess Poland or Ukraine.

Old 07-17-2018, 09:39 PM

61,694 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Not so much Poland (they have better options), and very hard for Ukrainians.
Who still might want to immigrate to the US (except people from the third world)? Probably those from the poorest countries: Bulgaria, Montenegro, Belarus, Serbia, Macedonia, Albania, Bosnia, Kosovo, and Moldova.

Also note:
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/wa...ies-2017-03-14
Even expats don't want to come to America anymore
https://www.inc.com/jessica-stillman...erica-any.html

Last edited by elnina; 07-17-2018 at 09:49 PM..

Old 07-17-2018, 10:59 PM

779 posts, read 595,977 times
Probably Russia, ironic.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:03 AM

1,129 posts, read 470,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
I work at an immigration law firm that specializes in getting Europeans to come to America by starting businesses here. I'm looking to relocate to a wealthy european country so I can get more business for the firm. Where would y'all recommend?
The UK would have many large companies looking for new customers if the clowns manage to push through Brexit.

The problem for people doing this though is they will always be in a state of flux, if the business closes they have to leave, if they don't employ enough Americans they have to leave, they can never really retire, no matter how well the business does this will not lead to settled status and a green card from my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong ?

And why would you relocate yourself ?

Old 07-18-2018, 04:22 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,020,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
those from the poorest countries: Bulgaria, Montenegro, Belarus, Serbia, Macedonia, Albania, Bosnia, Kosovo, and Moldova.
No and No. I'd rather be happier to be considered a subhuman, gipsy wallet stealer in Holland or UK than immigrate to America. A country where substantial part of the population believe in 'flat earth' theory or that they're the best country on earth is just too much...

On topic:

UK and Scandinavian countries. Certainly not Switzerland or France.

Old 07-18-2018, 04:53 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,689,076 times
If we look at the participants in Green Card Lottery w.r.t. population of the country, then Moldova !!! Many people try to come to USA by applying in the Lottery.

Old 07-18-2018, 05:03 AM

61,694 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
No and No. I'd rather be happier to be considered a subhuman, gipsy wallet stealer in Holland or UK than immigrate to America. A country where substantial part of the population believe in 'flat earth' theory or that they're the best country on earth is just too much...
IF anyone from. Europe than most probably from the countries I listed, till they find out that Americans are work and money slaves.

Quote:
UK and Scandinavian countries. Certainly not Switzerland or France.
I doubt the Scandinavians. What for? For the very poor quality of life?

Why Don’t Norwegians Immigrate to the U.S.?
https://slate.com/human-interest/201...-policies.html

Old 07-18-2018, 05:52 AM

24,529 posts, read 10,846,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
First I would drop the fake Southern make everybody comfortable.

You work at a law firm specializing in GETTING EUROPEANS TO AMERICA? Really? You do not know where your best clients are or how to pull stats on it? But you are also surprised about income levels in Europe.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:45 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,020,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
IF anyone from. Europe than most probably from the countries I listed, till they find out that Americans are work and money slaves.

I doubt the Scandinavians. What for? For the very poor quality of life?

Why Don’t Norwegians Immigrate to the U.S.?
https://slate.com/human-interest/201...-policies.html
2 reasons:

1. Language;
2. Palms.

+ Norway and the UK now are no longer EU...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe