U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-05-2018, 04:47 AM
 
272 posts, read 142,850 times
Reputation: 513

Advertisements

Correct me if I am wrong, but in Europe no matter what medical issue it is you may have, you can get it treated without ever worrying about cost, much less worry if the cost of treatment will end up making you broke/homeless. I am an American but fully admit we are the dumbest pieces of crap on the planet. We put money and profit over health care. We are bar none the wealthiest country on earth but the pieces of dung heap that are in charge would happily participate in Nazi genocide if it helped them out, just look at how how health care in America should be, uh...Just do like Europeans and give great health care to everyone, duh.

 
Old 09-05-2018, 06:38 AM
 
13,282 posts, read 17,805,129 times
Reputation: 19948
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but in Europe no matter what medical issue it is you may have, you can get it treated without ever worrying about cost, much less worry if the cost of treatment will end up making you broke/homeless. I am an American but fully admit we are the dumbest pieces of crap on the planet. We put money and profit over health care. We are bar none the wealthiest country on earth but the pieces of dung heap that are in charge would happily participate in Nazi genocide if it helped them out, just look at how how health care in America should be, uh...Just do like Europeans and give great health care to everyone, duh.

You may want to do some homework.
 
Old 09-05-2018, 07:42 AM
 
Location: Great Britain
11,673 posts, read 3,996,978 times
Reputation: 7275
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but in Europe no matter what medical issue it is you may have, you can get it treated without ever worrying about cost, much less worry if the cost of treatment will end up making you broke/homeless. I am an American but fully admit we are the dumbest pieces of crap on the planet. We put money and profit over health care. We are bar none the wealthiest country on earth but the pieces of dung heap that are in charge would happily participate in Nazi genocide if it helped them out, just look at how how health care in America should be, uh...Just do like Europeans and give great health care to everyone, duh.
Most of Europe and the western world has universal healthcare and treatment is free, the only sectors non covered are dental care and opticians, however those under 18 or on welfare are covered and serious conditions that require a dental or eye hospital are also covered. Whilst Mental Health is also covered by universal healthcare.

I am happy with the health system we have and I think most Europeans are, as for Americans I would recommend Universal Healthcare however it's really a case of what Americans want and what system makes them happy.

Last edited by Brave New World; 09-05-2018 at 07:50 AM..
 
Old 09-05-2018, 09:47 AM
 
1,210 posts, read 996,409 times
Reputation: 2003
Default No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I am happy with the health system we have and I think most Europeans are, as for Americans I would recommend Universal Healthcare however it's really a case of what Americans want and what system makes them happy.


Unfortunately for Americans, it's not what we want that matters. It's what our elected officials want (and their lobbyists tell them to vote for).

If what we want mattered, the Drug War would be over, and we would have Universal Health care, gun registration, the establishment of a well regulated militia (as the 2nd Amendment says), the popular vote determining the elections, good infrastructure, legal immigration based on merit, and many more things.
 
Old 09-05-2018, 10:13 AM
 
Location: Great Britain
11,673 posts, read 3,996,978 times
Reputation: 7275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
[/b]

Unfortunately for Americans, it's not what we want that matters. It's what our elected officials want (and their lobbyists tell them to vote for).

If what we want mattered, the Drug War would be over, and we would have Universal Health care, gun registration, the establishment of a well regulated militia (as the 2nd Amendment says), the popular vote determining the elections, good infrastructure, legal immigration based on merit, and many more things.


I fully agree that politicians are useless and big business and lobby groups with money are at the core of what is wrong with politics.

I have always been thanlful for universal healthcare and in the ****ries that have it the vast majority of people are happy with the system.
 
Old 09-05-2018, 10:47 AM
 
Location: sitka, Alaska
233 posts, read 259,381 times
Reputation: 256
Universal healthcare won't happen in the U.S. 330 million people to cover--not all the money in the country via taxes wouldn't come close to paying for it.
 
Old 09-06-2018, 06:57 AM
 
Location: World
3,666 posts, read 3,525,319 times
Reputation: 2484
It is not about Europeans only. Every country in the world has affordable healthcare except USA.



I am not talking about Free, even in the countries where both private and public healthcare co-exist-price of medical treatment is affordable.
 
Old 09-06-2018, 07:13 AM
 
655 posts, read 315,247 times
Reputation: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
I am an American but fully admit we are the dumbest pieces of crap on the planet.
Good for you though for reaching self-awareness. I wish more Americans were self-aware like you.
 
Old 09-06-2018, 07:35 AM
 
Location: Brussels
505 posts, read 460,942 times
Reputation: 690
the biggest difference comes to the fact that doctors in European health systems are civil servants, meaning they have a fixed salary depending on their grade/seniority (+ some more bonuses for productivity, etc)

So they cannot charge whatever they want to hospitals or patients for their services.

Doctors are well respected, and still much richer than average people in European countries, but they are not multi-millionaires like they are in the US.
 
Old 09-06-2018, 08:55 AM
 
Location: Polderland
1,072 posts, read 906,402 times
Reputation: 1236
Quote:
Originally Posted by rntim View Post
Universal healthcare won't happen in the U.S. 330 million people to cover--not all the money in the country via taxes wouldn't come close to paying for it.
You think universal healthcare is limited to a certain amount of people? It's excactly the opposite way. The more people pay in (through taxes or monthly fees), the cheaper it gets. Just like a corporate collective insurance via your employer.

If 2nd- and even 3rd world countries can, there's no excuse why the US could not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top