Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 11:30 AM

130,218 posts, read 12,093,129 times

Advertisements

wherever you can get a job & a visa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2019, 01:45 PM

399 posts, read 354,789 times
I'm from a EU country so no visa needed lol. But true about the job.

Old 02-17-2019, 08:22 AM

419 posts, read 342,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy_ View Post
I am also a singer-songwriter.
What kind of songs? It's important, because Greece has the biggest percentage of heavy metal bands per capita in Europe after Scandinavia, meanwhile Portugal is quite close as far as I know

Old 02-17-2019, 02:12 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,495,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giannis View Post
What kind of songs? It's important, because Greece has the biggest percentage of heavy metal bands per capita in Europe after Scandinavia, meanwhile Portugal is quite close as far as I know
I thought it was Germany that had the highest concentration after Scandinavia. I only know a few metal bands from Greece, most of them black metal, though I do know that the scene is quite large.

Old 02-17-2019, 04:25 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,313,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
not Greece with their economy, ditto Italy which has just gone into recession, France has unrest with the yellow vest movement and has economic problems too, i'd go with Germany .
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giannis View Post
Then Portuguese and Greek climate might be more familiar to you, but if you are dying to find a job quickly you should definitely choose Germany
and this

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy_ View Post
Correction: Also like German and *French culture. Not really into Spanish one.
There you go then, you're all set!

Old 02-17-2019, 09:42 PM

4,399 posts, read 4,288,838 times
Portugal if you want beaches, nice people and good weather. Germany if you want top notch job security and Oktoberfest. I wouldn't mess with Greece and France right now due to the messy political situation.

Old 02-18-2019, 12:46 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,721,722 times
We have many Bulgarians in Denmark. Work in the services sector is easy to find, but doesn't fit with your education. Research jobs are another thing.

Old 02-18-2019, 07:33 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,019,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
We have many Bulgarians in Denmark.
I'm not surprised, one thing I read once: there are 300,000 in Germany and 300 in Japan...1000 times difference, that's so shocking someone should study it on academic level - i take everything from language difficulty to pure racism (against asians...) to be the cause.

Old 02-19-2019, 02:44 AM

419 posts, read 342,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
I thought it was Germany that had the highest concentration after Scandinavia. I only know a few metal bands from Greece, most of them black metal, though I do know that the scene is quite large.
Not really. Greece has 162 bands per million inhabitants, meanwhile Germany 122. But surely in the end a country with nearly 90 millions has totally many more bands than a country with 10 millions, but this doesn't mean higher percentage as well.

Old 02-21-2019, 11:35 AM

399 posts, read 354,789 times
Thanks for all suggestions! I am a creative that dislikes routine work, that's why I mentioned I write songs (mostly just a lyricist though as I always get influenced by existing pieces musically !). I mostly write pop songs though, but I can write for rock/metal ones, too.

I suffered trough two boring corporate jobs and almost burned out. The way those jobs were structured almost killed me -- no space for creativity at all. The only routine job I've somewhat liked was as a data entry clerk at a very small business. It was also very boring and routine but at least the pace was slower and the treatment more humane. Individuality still mattered as it was just 4 people including me. But at big corporations there are more rules and individuality and creativity there don't really matter if you're not a designer for ex., and all it's very stressful for me. That's why I try to avoid the BPO/call center sector altogether. It's not easy though as it seems the EU is now all about services.

I am very good at analytical and detail-oriented things, but it causes me emotional turmoil. Being overly critical/self-critical and a perfectionist makes me very prone to becoming a workacholic and burnouts. I really want to make a drastic change to more creative venues where the bigger-picture is valued. I don't know where to look, however, as I always come up to ads for analyst this or that. Maybe (qualitative) research? That's somewhat creative me thinks. I think administrative jobs are also too detail-oriented, rules-bound hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe