Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2019, 08:20 AM

399 posts, read 354,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
Whut?
Some Balkan or Middle East women put their menstrual blood in the drink of a man they want to fall in love with them. It's kind of a love magic ritual.
Btw, I found a severed goat leg on my balcony -- another kind of magic. That's Bulgarian women for you (usually women do stuff like that). And yes, we're Christian but being under Ottoman rule for 5 centuries had its impact on us unfortunately. Psychics and fortune tellers make a fortune here. Middle Eastern and Turkish people also do curses and witchcraft like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2019, 09:39 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,685,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy_ View Post
Some Balkan or Middle East women put their menstrual blood in the drink of a man they want to fall in love with them. It's kind of a love magic ritual.
Btw, I found a severed goat leg on my balcony -- another kind of magic. That's Bulgarian women for you (usually women do stuff like that). And yes, we're Christian but being under Ottoman rule for 5 centuries had its impact on us unfortunately. Psychics and fortune tellers make a fortune here. Middle Eastern and Turkish people also do curses and witchcraft like that.
Wtf did I just read??

I never heard about all these traditions... But from an atheists POV, it's absolutely the same than praying a God... Just different approaches for 'believing'... I would laugh if a Christian, Jew or Muslim forumer tells me 'witchcraft' is just stupid lol

Old 03-31-2019, 04:19 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
My two main examples are Busan and Fukuoka. Nothing incredible at all, but very dynamic and pleasant, with good food.
Apparently you're not the only one who thinks this. In fact, Busan's marketing slogan is "Dynamic Busan." (I quite liked Busan, myself; though I liked Seoul better.)

Old 03-31-2019, 08:14 PM

26,882 posts, read 38,032,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Americans think diversity is the best thing that can happen to a city, and diversity is one factor that is idexed into the livability of a city.
Lots of Americans think that but it's not an overwhelming majority. Many, many would disagree.

Old 04-01-2019, 01:38 PM

5,546 posts, read 6,874,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Lots of Americans think that but it's not an overwhelming majority. Many, many would disagree.
Got that right. I'm American, and I think the best thing for a city is low violence and a city built for humans, not cars. What most Americans seem to miss when they travel is the culture and beauty of how these places work. Look at the lifestyle in a city like Paris, and not just its most famous avenues. The cafes, the pace of life, the preservation and evolution of culture, the music, the focus on good/honest food, the little things in life. Government investment in life, and not just business and roads. Investment in lighting, pedestrian life, transit, architecture.

American cities are mostly dull and hallowed out, not because they need more diversity, but because they lack true communal life (especially in the evenings, and I don't mean just going to dinner and drinking). And for heaven's sake, we need less violence in our cities.

Old 04-01-2019, 02:29 PM

4 posts, read 3,676 times
Sad enough.. I think that France is paying the price of colonizing third world countries.. people from the countries that started to speak French because of colonization are the dominating part of immigrants, they're coming from third world countries after all.. where ignorance and corruptness is spread.. most of them can't do any good to the good old Paris..

Old 04-01-2019, 03:05 PM

1,087 posts, read 782,498 times
This shows the need of a new world order. The current world order has been build on two pillars: white supremacy and colonialism. Those trying to maintain these two pillars can only bring more violences and destructions, as shown in the past few hundred years.

Old 04-03-2019, 04:52 AM

20 posts, read 11,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oo9 View Post
This shows the need of a new world order. The current world order has been build on two pillars: white supremacy and colonialism. Those trying to maintain these two pillars can only bring more violences and destructions, as shown in the past few hundred years.
Colonialism will always remain. China is currently doing it in Africa, while their own citizens suffer from questionable work standards.

White supremacy in Asia and Middle East is a very new phenomenon - Post WW1/WW2.

If I had to guess what the next sort of World Order will be in 300+ years, based on birth rates and conversions it is Islam.

Old 04-03-2019, 09:12 AM

399 posts, read 354,951 times
Quote:
Wtf did I just read??

I never heard about all these traditions...
You see why I no longer date women from the Balkans, Middle East and North Africa.
You're free to believe or not in what you wish. However I certainly am not the same after that girl. The doctors can't find a cause and btw it's in the way others act towards me. I was never such a pariah before. Now most people act like I give off weird vibes. That was never the case before.

Old 04-03-2019, 10:24 AM

1,068 posts, read 1,443,716 times
So how safe is Paris to visit? I’m thinking to visit with someone special for a few days but now concerned about safety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe