Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 09:18 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,006,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Currently, with a strong dollar, more Americans are going to Europe than Europeans to the US. But only 14 mil to 12 mil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnM258 View Post
The US already requires this of EU nationals and has done for several years. The EU is just catching up. Plus I think your figures are a bit off in terms of numbers travelling.
I stand corrected if I'm wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2019, 03:48 AM

399 posts, read 354,875 times
US should take all those people that had to leave their countries due to the Arab Spring, not make Europe take them! Or better yet, stop messing up in the ME. The Arab Spring was organized and staged by the USA after all. Those refugees don't like the Western values and most of them wouldn't leave their home societies if the Arab Spring didn't happen. Germany and the rest of the EU shouldn't be punished for the American mistakes. Or maybe destabilizing Europe was the plan all along?

Old 03-11-2019, 08:32 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,974,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy_ View Post
US should take all those people that had to leave their countries due to the Arab Spring, not make Europe take them! Or better yet, stop messing up in the ME. The Arab Spring was organized and staged by the USA after all. Those refugees don't like the Western values and most of them wouldn't leave their home societies if the Arab Spring didn't happen. Germany and the rest of the EU shouldn't be punished for the American mistakes. Or maybe destabilizing Europe was the plan all along?
U sure? UK PM and French President both visited Tripoli as soon as the Ghaddafi regime was toppled...
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...n-Tripoli.html

Old 03-11-2019, 08:58 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,444,813 times
Fake news much? Visitors from every country currently with visa-free access to Schengen Area would need it, not just Americans.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:22 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,857,559 times
CNN redacted the headline. There will be no visa requirement for American tourists going to the EU in 2021. There is a registration requirement online. Its basically the same thing as ESTA. Its the same for all visa free travelers to the Schengen area.

Old 03-12-2019, 04:00 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,020,583 times
I remember reading a while back on rooshvforum (forum literally run by alleged rapist, also banned from entering canada...) where all the "pro eastern europe" Trump supperters were so butthurt how come eastern europeans can travel to Paris but white americans can't lol.
They showed their true colors .
I'd have expected such a reaction from say Geert Wilders, Le Pen and their supporters but it's funny when you see it from accross the ocean...

Old 03-12-2019, 05:39 AM

5,601 posts, read 3,504,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
I wonder what I will have to do. I've been a permanent resident of Denmark (not a Danish citizen) for about 20 years. I travel freely within the Schengen Union with a Danish residence permit and my US passport, which I only have to show when I enter or leave the Schengen union and not in-between countries. I travel within the Schengen Union often and am currently not held to the 90-day consecutive limit.

Denmark does allow for dual citizenship though just like Sweden does? I knew a couple of dual Sweden-US citizens that were born here when I grew up after it was made legal. I think it's time to apply for it just to be safe. I presume your Danish is good enough to pass any sort of language test after all those years too.

Old 03-12-2019, 11:00 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,020,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
Denmark does allow for dual citizenship though just like Sweden does? I knew a couple of dual Sweden-US citizens that were born here when I grew up after it was made legal. I think it's time to apply for it just to be safe. I presume your Danish is good enough to pass any sort of language test after all those years too.
I am also surprised they didn't give him citizenship for 2 decades, at this point you should be more Danish than everyone. Sue the country at the UN...

Old 03-12-2019, 11:03 AM

1,222 posts, read 2,279,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post

Visa holders will probably be exempt from this procedure because, well, they already have a visa.

Old 03-12-2019, 05:43 PM

1,877 posts, read 677,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
I am also surprised they didn't give him citizenship for 2 decades, at this point you should be more Danish than everyone. Sue the country at the UN...
Maybe he just never applied for it? Plenty of people live for many years in other countries and never apply for citizenship because they don't really see any need to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe