Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 10:59 PM

427 posts, read 245,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikiwikirunner View Post
dude c'mon.. when or where did he every say his wanting to move to Russia had anything to do with that. Whether he, I, or you agree politically has absolutely nothing with the topic. Politics ruins so many conversations these days, let's leave that out of this
Thank you. Didn't post this here to be personally attacked for something unrelated to my question. In fact, maybe I'll move to one of the countries mentioned just to **** him off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 11:01 PM

1,348 posts, read 623,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Since you've mentioned VDNKH in Moscow, this is what you should expect as far as rent goes...

https://www.cian.ru/snyat-kvartiru-moskva-metro-vdnh/

Food?
Don't know now; the last time I was there everything was fine, but now I've heard the quality ( and selection) are going down somewhat.
I don't think that in Moscow there are problems with the amount or quality of food. And even in any other big cities in Russia.

Old 04-10-2019, 11:02 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousAboutRussia View Post
https://www.cian.ru/rent/flat/205031056/ surely there must be something wrong with this... for that cheap? And 10 minutes from VDNKh station? Shouldn't things be largely more expensive there? Apartments near our city's main park are like 1000+ a month...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest_Park_(St._Louis)

God, I wish I could live there so bad.

It looks like they need to rent it out URGENTLY ( may be that's why it's so low.)
But overall VDNKH is not close enough to the center of Moscow ( in my book,) so I guess it's possible to find something within 40,000-50,000 rub range for rent there...

Old 04-10-2019, 11:08 PM

Quote:
It looks like they need to rent it out URGENTLY ( may be that's why it's so low.)
But overall VDNKH is not close enough to the center of Moscow ( in my book,) so I guess it's possible to find something within 40,000-50,000 rub range for rent there...
half my income, so probably not a good financial decision, right?

Old 04-10-2019, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
I don't think that in Moscow there are problems with the amount or quality of food. And even in any other big cities in Russia.

I see a lot of reports I don't like lately.

Like excessive presence of palm oil ( particularly in dairy products.)

Old 04-10-2019, 11:11 PM

Quote:
half my income, so probably not a good financial decision, right?

Half of your income - no, not a good idea, but let me see what the rent runs in other districts..

Old 04-10-2019, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Half of your income - no, not a good idea, but let me see what the rent runs in other districts..
Thank you so much. I would do it myself, but I don't know enough russian to :/

Old 04-10-2019, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Thank you so much. I would do it myself, but I don't know enough russian to :/

No problem, I did a quick search in one particular district ( I picked it "hypothetically speaking," since it stacks well against VDNKH in terms of distance from the center of the city,) and it's basically not too different from VDNKH in terms of rent pricing.
But I do see that at this location you can find 1-room apartments ( and that's NOT 1 bedroom minding you as in the US, it's just one room ( but that's not the equivalent of the studio either.) So you can find 1-room apartment ( at least in that district) for 30,000 rub a month.

I am sure you can find something like this at VDNKH then too.
I'll be talking to Moscow tomorrow, so if I won't forget, I'll ask them what rents REALLY are and where ( what parts of the city) just to get a better idea.

Then I might give you a better estimate.

But let's ask Zimogor here what the rent runs in his neck of woods ( wherever he is) in comparison to Moscow.

Old 04-10-2019, 11:39 PM

1,348 posts, read 623,888 times
Quote:
I see a lot of reports I don't like lately.

Like excessive presence of palm oil ( particularly in dairy products.)
Unfortunately here you are right... recently, palm oil has been used too much as an additive to various products and not only in dairy products.. "merciless hand of the market," damn it... And it is desirable don't take cheap sausage... there at all the entire Mendeleev's table..
But in general, I think, the quality of local products in Russia is much higher than in the West.

Old 04-10-2019, 11:39 PM

Zimogooooor))))
What's the rent like in your city/town (and how big is the city/town you live in)?
And while we are at that, where is it located?

( Yes, just in case if you wonder - I DO want to know where the keys from your apartment where you keep your money ARE as well ©...)

Last edited by erasure; 04-10-2019 at 11:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe