U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which coast is nicer,cleaner...
Croatia coast 4 66.67%
Montenegro coast 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 04:51 AM

312 posts, read 990,507 times
Default Croatia coast vs. Montenegro coast

Well,for me my coast is better!
I have been in Montenegro,but there are so many dirty beaches!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 08:03 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,541,114 times
I haven't been to Croatia yet, though I'm planning on it this summer. Make our way up from Bar (maybe go down to Ulcinj for a bit), up to Dubrovnik in Croatia.

I'd say the beaches weren't TOO bad there. Bar had a nice beach, kinda reminded me of where I actually live right now, on the tip of lake superior. Ulcinj's Velika Plaža was nice as well.

I'll vote on this thread after I come back if it's still active.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:09 AM

69 posts, read 208,358 times
I didn't vote since I've been only once in Montegro. I've spent so many summer vacations
in Croatia... even cannot count it. Croatian coast is generally very, very clean. It's great
for families with smaller children because drop off is mild, surge is minimal and there are
usually no rip tides (omg, stay away from Bulgaria!).
On the other hand, it doesn't look really "exotic", at least for a Central European. Although
the climate is mostly Mediterranean, it can get rather cool even in mid-summer. It's hot
and dry most of the time, but not always. Once I caught a cold in Biograd na Moru (central
part of the coast), and it was early September.
The Adriatic Sea in Montenegro looks more like a real sea, if you understand me. No islands,
bigger waves and real southern nature. Most of Croatia gives you a lake-like experience, you must find yourself somewhere in Makarska to see an open horizon and some palm trees.

Old 06-02-2008, 03:35 PM

312 posts, read 990,507 times
Well,people usually said that the coast is nicer if she has more islands...
If you want 'real sea' you have (exc. ) Makarska or Dubrovnik ...

Old 06-02-2008, 03:58 PM

9,716 posts, read 13,240,649 times
This is a funny poll - it would be to me like asking which is better, a Yorkshire Terrier or a Great Dane?

http://www.tenc.net/analysis/441px-Adriatic_Sea_map.png

My vote is for the big one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe