Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 12:20 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,863,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meet4 View Post
Yes, there are limitations, a lots of them. I am the EU citizen who worked in many countries(including Mexico heh) so I know it better than you, believe me. Google Schengen as a starter.

Southern Italy is good for tourism maybe. Work or infrastructure-wise it's worse than Mexico actually.
How would you know that I do not have E.U. citizenship?
You might want to read up on "Schengen" again. It has nothing to do with being able to live/work in an european country, whatsoever.

Quote:
It provided for the removal of systematic border controls between the participating countries.
Schengen Agreement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It just regulates the border passings. Unless you can show me it does not.

Btw, you're german, are you not?

Last edited by XodoX; 10-07-2009 at 12:33 PM..

Old 10-07-2009, 12:35 PM

441 posts, read 1,326,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
yada yada
*headache* you wrote:
Quote:
E.U citizens can work/live wherever they want
Answer me following questions:
Are Poles an EU citizens?
Are English people EU citizens?
Are Romanians EU citizens?
Are Cyprus people EU citizens?
Answer is 4x YES

Now:
Can Romanian work in Germany?
Can Polish guy work in Austria?
Can Cyprus guy move freely to Ireland?
Can German company employ Czech workers?
Answer is 4x NO or not really freely

What does it make you? Yes, I have some German origin, why does it matter for this topic?

oh, btw... Freedom of movement for workers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-07-2009, 12:39 PM

So? The new mebers were just admitted.. There's a map there that clearly shows it.

And not all of you're "No's" are correct.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
So? The new mebers were just admitted.. There's a map there that clearly shows it.

And not all of you're "No's" are correct.
So nothing. You are saying there are no restrictions or limitations, I am telling you that there are many restrictions and limitations.

All my NO's are correct. I have a company in Germany and I can't employ a Czech workers unless I apply special VISA for highly skilled labour. Czechs joined at 2004, so it's not that "just joined". Does it sounds like free movement and work without restrictions to you?

Old 10-07-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meet4 View Post
So nothing. You are saying there are no restrictions or limitations, I am telling you that there are many restrictions and limitations.

All my NO's are correct. I have a company in Germany and I can't employ a Czech workers unless I apply special VISA for highly skilled labour. Czechs joined at 2004, so it's not that "just joined". Does it sounds like free movement and work without restrictions to you?
Again, check your facts. I'm not gonna do your homework, though.

For the rest...you already supplied the proof. "free movement rights of nationals of new member states".

Old 10-08-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Again, check your facts. I'm not gonna do your homework, though.

For the rest...you already supplied the proof. "free movement rights of nationals of new member states".
What are you talking about? Read my lips: I have a company in EU and I cannot freely employ other EU citizens, there is a lot of exceptions and limitations exactly as I stated in my first reply. I trust lawyers more than some internet guy.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:39 AM

47 posts, read 104,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post
Many many thanks for the replies... (all of you)

We decided that we are going to relocate to Spain. We would love to live in beautiful Italy but the cost of living is too high and we don´t speak Italian so it would be dificult for us to find a job there. Since we are both bilingual English/Spanish, Spain is the option that looks more realistic.

Well, thanks again for the info that you provided me.

I think this should be a good choice... I've never live in Spain, but some friends of mine live there and they're happy about their choice!

Good luck!!

Old 10-08-2009, 02:46 PM

156 posts, read 252,406 times
If you can get that EuroItalian passport after 6 months without losing your US/Venezuelan citizenship and your stable job. I'd say 'GO FOR IT'.
---------

Dougie

He can't. You can only have a US dual citizenship if you were born in the US.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:05 PM

549 posts, read 1,664,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
If you can get that EuroItalian passport after 6 months without losing your US/Venezuelan citizenship and your stable job. I'd say 'GO FOR IT'.
---------

Dougie

He can't. You can only have a US dual citizenship if you were born in the US.

Yes, I can. I became a U.S. citizen at birth through blood right (American mother). (kinda John McCain)

Besides, both Italy and the U.S. allow multiple citizenships (more than 2). I already asked in the Italian embassy.

Nosferatu, you are a Cuban born/Spanish naturalized citizen. How can you make opinions regarding multiple citizenships in Italy?

Your comments disrupt the harmony of the postings, why don´t you let true Italians and Italian Americans provide information concerning my case.

Anyways, I needed info about Italy and enough good people informed me well. Thanks

Due to the language barrier, we decided to move to the Sun Coast/Spain where my paternal relatives live.-- I´ll have plenty of time to visit Italy and France during the holidays

BTW, to those Americans who don´t know....

If you are married to an EU citizen (or dual citizen U.S./EU) you can both live, work, and study in any EU country.

I write this because maybe there are a few Americans who would like to experience life in Europe and they don´t know they can legally relocate there.

Here is the link to the official EU portal that explains your rights in Europe...

European Union Portal:

Rights of EU citizens:
European Commission - Your Europe - Citizens - Free circulation of workers (http://ec.europa.eu/youreurope/nav/en/citizens/working/free-circulation/index.html# - broken link)

Rights of family members who are not EU citizens:
European Commission - Your Europe - Citizens - for their family members who are not Union citizens themselves (http://ec.europa.eu/youreurope/nav/en/citizens/living/right-of-permanent-residence/for-family-members-who-are-not-citizens/index_en.html - broken link)

Old 10-08-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post

Yes, I can. I became a U.S. citizen at birth through blood right (American mother). (kinda John McCain)

Besides, both Italy and the U.S. allow multiple citizenships (more than 2). I already asked in the Italian embassy.

Nosferatu, you are a Cuban born/Spanish naturalized citizen. How can you make opinions regarding multiple citizenships in Italy?

Your comments disrupt the harmony of the postings, why don´t you let true Italians and Italian Americans provide information concerning my case.

Anyways, I needed info about Italy and enough good people informed me well. Thanks

Due to the language barrier, we decided to move to the Sun Coast/Spain where my paternal relatives live.-- I´ll have plenty of time to visit Italy and France during the holidays

BTW, to those Americans who don´t know....

If you are married to an EU citizen (or dual citizen U.S./EU) you can both live, work, and study in any EU country.

I write this because maybe there are a few Americans who would like to experience life in Europe and they don´t know they can legally relocate there.

Here is the link to the official EU portal that explains your rights in Europe...

European Union Portal:

Rights of EU citizens:
European Commission - Your Europe - Citizens - Free circulation of workers (http://ec.europa.eu/youreurope/nav/en/citizens/working/free-circulation/index.html# - broken link)

Rights of family members who are not EU citizens:
European Commission - Your Europe - Citizens - for their family members who are not Union citizens themselves (http://ec.europa.eu/youreurope/nav/en/citizens/living/right-of-permanent-residence/for-family-members-who-are-not-citizens/index_en.html - broken link)
No, that is false. We have tried it. We were told by several officials that this is not possibile. Where you got that from?
Don't have the time to read your 1st link, but it says "Rights of E.U. citizens", which you are not if you are only married to one.

In the 2nd link - they are taling about the "host Member State". Of course, that's nothing new. And I don't see anything that supports yor claim. They are talkiking about the familiy of E.U. citizens. Yes, but that does not tell me if applies to them if they are not E.U citizen themselves.
Like I said, we were told it is NOT possibile. You can only go with him/her to your home country and try to get into another E.U. country based on her/his qualifications ( work visa etc. ) , but not based on your marriage.

We tried it about a year ago. I don't think anything has changed. Feel free to correct me on this. But I can't find any proof of it in your links. You might want to point whatever you read. Maybe it's there, I don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe