Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 05:37 AM

27 posts, read 57,108 times

Advertisements

I from Russia([SIZE=2]The city of Norilsk, behind polar circle)
[/SIZE]. Somebody has questions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2007, 08:07 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,287,734 times
Is Moscow Dangerous?
Does the Government still 'Disappear' people
what is your Opinion on Putin? honestly...

Old 12-10-2007, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDallas View Post
Is Moscow Dangerous?
Does the Government still 'Disappear' people
what is your Opinion on Putin? honestly...

[SIZE=2]Moscow very big world cultural and financial center. In Russia is not present on free sale of fire-arms!
Putin the best president and the patriot of Russia!!!
[/SIZE][SIZE=2]... I Recommend to visit once even Russia, instead of to read the American newspapers
[/SIZE]

Old 12-10-2007, 08:42 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,117,119 times
Are we (the United States) hated more now or were we hated more back in the 80's?

Old 12-12-2007, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Are we (the United States) hated more now or were we hated more back in the 80's?
[SIZE=2]You think patterns and stereotypes. It is incorrect.
[/SIZE]

Old 12-12-2007, 06:54 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,287,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
thats because when the soviets were in power everyone who hated us now had to suck up to us to make sure they didn't get sucked up by the soviets. Now they can hate us openly, and even then some eastern Europe and central asia are still scared of being controlled by the Russians.
but most people you see that hate us might not really hate us, they're just jealous like all those Persians, you think if they hated us that much they wouldn't come but they come HARD, and plus anyways the media only shows the people who hate us. It hard to find people that like us by the media. Trust me they're Iraqis and Muslims out there in Iraq who absolutely support us 100% what were doing, even though it doesn't seem like it. I saw a picture of some Arab kissing a portrait of bush not too long ago.

I hope to visit Russia, it seems very intriguing.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:51 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,117,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_norilsk View Post
[SIZE=2]You think patterns and stereotypes. It is incorrect.[/SIZE]

Perhaps, but I do know your government in the 60's through the 80's hated ours and vice-versa. After 15 years of relative calm between the two governments namely due to the fall of communism, it appears there are more and more issues between the two governments. We all know why this is of course as most of the world hates our President. I'll be curious to see how Putin and/or his successor works with our next President (whomever that may be). I guess it's more important that the citizens of each country keep an open mind. I have met several Russians as well as several people from countries of the former Soviet Union and have found them to be very pleasant.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:56 AM

[SIZE=2]Russia - the country of huge riches and greater{big} opportunities. [SIZE=2]
In any country there are clever people and villains. [SIZE=2]
Do not trust mass-media, and study to think independently.
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Old 02-16-2008, 10:50 AM

143 posts, read 415,321 times
Russia is a great place-I have family there. I would live there again in the right place, that probably only means in St Petersburg or near the Black Sea, but there are a few things that would drive me away.

Alcoholism, abuse, shocking crimes of cruelty, one of the highest death rates for drivers in the world (drunk driving), the recent rise of neo-fascism/ultra-nationalism, the racial beatings, close mindedness and constant cloud of cigarette smoke. I love Russian people, and love the beautiful country they live in. Unfortunately, 70 years with no moral standards and the government telling you what is right and wrong created a country where there are more abortions than births, male life expectancy is 58 years and I can't ever imagine raising a family. The social problems in Russia are really big, much, much worse than they are.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:41 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,059,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
Saw on Ohio license plate the other day: MOCKBA!
and I saw one KGB
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe