Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 03:45 PM

61,667 posts, read 87,041,175 times

Advertisements

Everything you need to know is here: Poland In Your Pocket city guide - essential travel guides to cities in Poland
you can see what parts of Poland/cities you would like to see. High season ( 15 June - 15 September ) means everything will be overpriced, and places crowded, but that's part of the charm
Two weeks means also hassle from place to place. If I were you, I would stay in one part of Poland then plan another trip to discover the another part. Let say everything north of Warszawa and everything south of it. If you go to 3City first, then you will forget about everything else. The 3City area alone is so interesting, so intense, so much fun. You can even make a trip with a ferry to Sweden of Daenemark. Hotels are expensive and many lack of A/C. I would rent a private apartment or room - that's what I do when I go over there anyway.
Frombork and Malbork are worth to see, and so is the Kashubia region. Enough to see for two weeks. 3City never sleeps in Summer!
The other, south part of Poland is worth another two weeks: to see Warszawa, Krakow, Wieliczka, Oswiecim, the Tatra, Wroclaw.
As a former travel agent I can point you many places to see, give you tips, and try to make your trip really memorable. Almost everything could be arranged from the US .
If you want, contact me priv.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 06:34 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,102,936 times
Just curious where would be the best place to LIVE coming from us with limited polish language? Warsaw, Cracow? Poznan?

Old 09-29-2009, 10:20 PM

1,435 posts, read 2,778,459 times
These days English is spoken by suprisingly many Poles. You should have not much problem in larger cities. Which does not mean that a taxi driver won't take you to your destination the longer way. Avoid guys soliciting taxi rides right at the airport's terminal, they charge much more. And God forbid you enter a "taki" as opposed to a "taxi" those scumbags charge up to a $100 for just getting in or a short trip.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:08 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,431,910 times
I love Poland. Unfortunately, I was in Krakow the weekend of Easter and the whole city was shut down. I was traveling through Eastern and Central Europe with some friends tracing Jewish history so we went to Auschwitz/Birkenau (give yourself the whole day- you'll need it), 2 days in Krakow, and a day in Zakopane. My best friend and I skipped the official Krakow bike tour and walked through what was open in the Jewish Quarter (and had matzo ball soup on Passover in a local restaurant!) before walking across the bridge to the Jewish ghetto. Schindler's Factory has a new museum that was closed for Easter when we were there but should be open now- it looked amazing.

I only wish more had been open! The streets were really dead.

Zakopane was nice as well- though after one meal there, I couldn't eat meat again for months! We went to a traditional restaurant and literally all the food was grilled meats- sausage, steak, pork chops, etc etc. My clothes (and later, suitcase) smelled like meat for the rest of the trip. However, it was gorgeous!

Old 10-03-2009, 12:50 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,789,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
So I'm planning a trip to Poland next summer and I would like any insight on what to see and what not to see. I would like to see Warsaw, Krakow, The Baltic sea and the Mountains as well. I know that's a loaded trip but I'll be going for two weeks. Should I stay in Krakow or Warsaw, I'm also looking for good night life. I would like to venture out in the country side but do they rent cars to foreigners? I plan on taking a train anywhere I need to go so any other tips would be helpful or if you have had any experience traveling to eastern Europe.
They say the very southeastern corner of Poland, by the former Ruthenia, is very pretty, but it is somewhat remote, so it might be kind of hard to get to.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:45 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,726,101 times
Browsing skyscrapercity again, I came across this thread. 30 pages of photos of Poland.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe