Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 05:18 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,865,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaos View Post
And yet 95% of Germans of colour are not citizens despite being born in Germany.
Go back and read the law. The citizenship law applies to everybody. Your statements are plain stupid and false. There's no other way to put it.

Also, I would like to know where you go the 95% from. Just made that up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 06:28 PM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I would trust the pool of teachers at a school more than the opinions of only two parents.
Well, I guess there is no point in continuing, there are no new aspects, this discussion is a dead-end. You home-school your kids and I don't...
Germany or not...
I do not agree with home schooling, but strongly favor additional education at home if parents are fit to do it.
I think that a peer interaction in the school is very important for young kids. Being away from home greatly contribute to their life experiences and give them opportunity to learn how to socialize with other, how to find his or her own place, and act independently. Home schooling lacks the sense of rivalry, compromises, and teamwork. Kids need to learn that there are other authorities beside their parents, how to work under pressure and follow someone else’s rules. They need to learn how to cope with distractions and temptation, how to deal with crowds and unpleasantness, how to react to peer pressure and how to defend themselves.
Home schooling depraves kids of acknowledging different opinions, varied ideas and options available outside their home. They might not always have access to all the learning tools school can provide. Kids need to develop sense of community and pluralistic society. I think that kids social development expands when they are surrounded with people of different cultures, backgrounds, opinions and ideas.
I agree that home schooling has many advantages like learning in the own speed, concentrate on their educational weakness and strength. However in my opinion home schooling does not help a student grow socially and even personally.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:49 AM

24,525 posts, read 10,846,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaos View Post
And yet 95% of Germans of colour are not citizens despite being born in Germany.
I am sure you do not mind to post an official link to give some substance to this ridiculous statement. Thank you.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:53 AM

24,525 posts, read 10,846,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Unjust laws call for disobedience.
Great statement, very informative - you are homeschooling?

Old 02-05-2010, 06:31 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
I am sure you do not mind to post an official link to give some substance to this ridiculous statement. Thank you.
Traditionally Germany has had jus sanguinis, but there is also a jus soli element, plus naturalization. The criteria have nothing to do with skin color.
Naturally there will be relatively few Africans compared to the millions of Turks, Italians, Serbians etc. who have been migrating to Germany for decades. But not because there were any rules that favored white people over colored ones. There has even been a program aimed at attracting Indians, but the demand on the Indian side for such green cards was somewhat limited, they just don't want to go to Germany.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:14 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Great statement, very informative - you are homeschooling?
If I have kids I will. I've had an inside look at schools when I was a teacher for a short time. You couldn't pay me to use public schools. Too much politics in schools now rather than teaching. Won't end until teachers' unions cease to exist worldwide.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:03 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,197,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
If I have kids I will. I've had an inside look at schools when I was a teacher for a short time. You couldn't pay me to use public schools. Too much politics in schools now rather than teaching. Won't end until teachers' unions cease to exist worldwide.
I totally agree!

Old 03-15-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Traditionally Germany has had jus sanguinis, but there is also a jus soli element, plus naturalization. The criteria have nothing to do with skin color.
Naturally there will be relatively few Africans compared to the millions of Turks, Italians, Serbians etc. who have been migrating to Germany for decades. But not because there were any rules that favored white people over colored ones. There has even been a program aimed at attracting Indians, but the demand on the Indian side for such green cards was somewhat limited, they just don't want to go to Germany.
I believe Italians do not need a visa to enter or re-enter Germany.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:45 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
I believe Italians do not need a visa to enter or re-enter Germany.
Of course not, theoretically all Italians could move to Germany tomorrow

Old 03-16-2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Of course not, theoretically all Italians could move to Germany tomorrow
The same applies to Germans moving to Italy. I guess "old alliences" never really die.lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe