U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 04:17 PM

454 posts, read 1,244,978 times

Advertisements

I need help writing a couple of sentences to someone (2 or 3 sentences)

please help.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:48 PM

38,062 posts, read 55,850,828 times
ok... what's up?

Old 11-15-2009, 06:06 PM

so i'm going to ask my gf of 4 years to marry me....and i thought it would be polite to send her parents an email (they live in poland) asking for her hand....
they are very nice and have been visiting us a couple of times (staying a month each time). they like me and keep pushing her to make sure we marry (you know how moms are hehe). so i'm not worried about them being upset about it....
i just wanted to be polite.

any suggestions on a couple of lines in polish?

Old 11-15-2009, 06:15 PM

You want to ask her parents for her hand... per email?????????? I don't think they will be thrilled about your manners. Even if they are very cool and comfy with the email stuff, i think you should go to Hallmark, look for a nice card and write a personal note about it. Really, those things should be a bit more elegant than an email. Don't you think? I will help you write the note, but do a little foot work and look for a card - it would be appreciated by her and her parents.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:22 PM

Actually really cool and polite would be if you take your GF to Poland ( say, X-mas or so) and then in person ask her parents for her hand! THAT would impress them. Also wedding in Poland could be just a unforgettable experience. You might consider it.
Polish weddings are so different than the ones I saw here in US. You could always do a small (or big) reception here, after the event.
Did you ever been in Poland?? What part of Poland is she from?
Where do you live now? What country?

Old 11-15-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
You want to ask her parents for her hand... per email?????????? I don't think they will be thrilled about your manners. Even if they are very cool and comfy with the email stuff, i think you should go to Hallmark, look for a nice card and write a personal note about it. Really, those things should be a bit more elegant than an email. Don't you think? I will help you write the note, but do a little foot work and look for a card - it would be appreciated by her and her parents.
i don't speak polish and they don't speak English.
i'm proposing in less than 2 weeks. Time is limited.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:28 PM

Where you live now?

Old 11-15-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Actually really cool and polite would be if you take your GF to Poland ( say, X-mas or so) and then in person ask her parents for her hand! THAT would impress them. Also wedding in Poland could be just a unforgettable experience. You might consider it.
Polish weddings are so different than the ones I saw here in US. You could always do a small (or big) reception here, after the event.
Did you ever been in Poland?? What part of Poland is she from?
Where do you live now? What country?
look, i'm not really trying to "impress" anyone. i don't want to take her to poland and ask in person. Please don't give me advice if i didn't ask for any advice. you don't know me and you don't know my situation and you don't know anything about our relationship.
Thanks for trying to help.

i'm sure there's someone else here who will help me without trying to get INTO our lives and ask where she's from, where we live, what her name and social security number and bra size is!

Old 11-15-2009, 06:40 PM

Hey, I am sorry... you want the quote?
Here it is:

Jak Państwo wiedzą - od jakiegoś czasu spotykam się z X ( put the name of your GF)
Jest nam z soba dobrze, darzymy się głębokim uczuciem i uznalismy, ze najwyzszy czas zalegalizowac nasz zwiazek.

W związku z naszym postanowieniem chciałbym prosić Państwa o rękę X ( GF name) i jednocześnie o Wasze blogoslawienstwo i przychylność dla naszych wspólnych planów.

Good luck and all the best for both of you

Old 11-15-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Hey, I am sorry... you want the quote?
Here it is:

Jak Państwo wiedzą - od jakiegoś czasu spotykam się z X ( put the name of your GF)
Jest nam z soba dobrze, darzymy się głębokim uczuciem i uznalismy, ze najwyzszy czas zalegalizowac nasz zwiazek.

W związku z naszym postanowieniem chciałbym prosić Państwa o rękę X ( GF name) i jednocześnie o Wasze blogoslawienstwo i przychylność dla naszych wspólnych planów.

Good luck and all the best for both of you
Thank you. I appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or