Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 04:39 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,390,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City of Rain View Post
youre saying that everyone should be poor because then we'd be happier..

or are you saying that those countries at the top of the list dont need to change, cause apparently theyre already perfect as they are?

the reason why we're not happy is because we're rich and want more. this is really immoral and greed is the only reason why we're less happy than them. in reality, we're far better off than them and this is all pretty illogical.
I am neither saying people would be happier if they were poor nor I am also saying Nordic countries are perfect. In fact I am arguing against the latter in my position that Nordic countries Should Not necessarily be viewed as a model for the rest of the world.

I am saying this any only this...

What determines high quality of life is largely a matter of opinion and there are any number of possible viewpoints that are equally valid as a matter of opinion.

That is it. All the rest is highlighting different valid view points other then GDP/HDI/Gini standard of living quantitative measurements.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:02 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,747,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
I am saying this any only this...

What determines high quality of life is largely a matter of opinion and there are any number of possible viewpoints that are equally valid as a matter of opinion.

Hmmmmm......... which renders much of the last 4 pages a pointless exercise that has long ago left the original topic lying in the dust at the side of the road.

Let's move on to something more constructive, shall we?
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe