U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 09:04 AM

4,249 posts, read 8,140,728 times

Advertisements

How do you search for a job in Russia? What are the Russian job websites? Are there opportunities for dual English and Russian speakers? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 09:28 AM

7 posts, read 11,974 times
Tray this
Google

Old 05-03-2010, 04:11 PM

2,958 posts, read 11,355,283 times
If you are not a Russian citizen, in order to work in Russia in any capacity and in any language, you would need a work visa and a work permit. These can only be had through sponsorship by an employer in Russia which is allowed a certain number of work permits per year, based on a quota system. The employer has to apply for a certain number of work permit/visa slots by May of the previous year AND demonstrate the necessity of hiring a foreign worker for a given position.

It gets more complicated from there (apostiled and translated degrees, health screenings), but even if an employee gets approval for all of this process, it takes approximately a year to complete from beginning to end.

The most popular search engines in Russia are Yandex.ru and Rambler.ru. Using these you can search for anything (jobs) Russian. Cyrillic would be mandatory.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:59 PM

I am a Russian citizen, dual citizen of Russia and Canada. I was looking for internal info from Russians (Russian-language websites) since I haven't been in Russia consistently for 15 years or so. Maybe there are other websites that we are not aware about.

I guess I have to join Russian equivalents of City-Data and ask people there.

Last edited by nuala; 05-03-2010 at 08:12 PM..

Old 05-04-2010, 03:52 AM

75 posts, read 223,574 times
Default You may looking for jobs in Russia in http://hh.ru.

You may looking for jobs in Russia in http://hh.ru
In my opinion it better from all other.

May I ask you - why do you decide change the place of work?
(I'm thinking how get to Canada...You think just opposite)

Old 05-04-2010, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riiksman View Post
You may looking for jobs in Russia in *або‚а в œоскве, €езŽме и вакансии, подбо€ пе€сонала :: поиск €або‚‹ на HeadHunter (hh.ru)
In my opinion it better from all other.

May I ask you - why do you decide change the place of work?
(I'm thinking how get to Canada...You think just opposite)
I haven't decided yet for sure, just exploring opportunities. One of the reasons is even though I left Russia, I left it before all the economic boom that's been happening for the last 10 years or so. Kind of fascinating, the annual growth in double digits. Developed countries don't enjoy that kind of growth, so even if you may be frustrated with some negative sides of Russian life, (which I admit I was glad to leave behind) , for some people here life can seem too staid, nothing like exploring new frontiers .

Another reason is - my kids who were born here with a Canadian father, who speak only English. I would love to immerse them into Russian language for a while.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:25 AM

Excuse me, please but I assume come back to Russia is a bad idea.
It is nostalgie only.
One my friend, ex-russian women lives in the France for 8 years.
She affraid visit the Russia very much!
Although she was born there.

Once she decided... She was walking and exclaming - Wow! It
unbelievable! There exist a lot of cheese! There can buy an original france's wine! How many good cars in the streets! etc.

Contemporary Russia is very different from old Russia with her empty shelves.
Unfortunatelly, Russia still country limited capabilties.
Yet.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:11 PM

Right. I know what you mean. And still, believe me, at times various encounters remind me why exactly I left Russia.

It's just I'm afraid we are speaking from the opposite sides of the mental canyon, so to speak. I will try to explain: I am not impressed neither by cheeses anymore, nor by cars or wines. Perhaps you remember Onegin, who had everything one's soul desires? What does a person do when everything is within reach?

Not only in terms of things and objects. In terms of a career, as well. I climbed the ladder, been there, done that, have no desire anymore. In fact, I live a very simple life now, the life that many minds here in NA treasure more than any skyscraper jungle.

It's just we are at the opposite ends of the road. I remember being in your shoes. I never imagined to ever being interested in getting back to Russia. I used to have nightmares of me coming back to my Russian apartment building, without any return ticket/visa. I had a very strong culture shock here for a couple of years.

I guess I am at the stage where what's on the shelves doesn't matter as much. Something else matters, like - my children, instead of saying "My mother is Russian and I can speak Russian a little", should be able to say "I am Russian". That kind of stuff.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:37 AM

Hi, nuala!
Where are you now?

Old 10-17-2013, 06:48 AM

649 posts, read 648,483 times
I think that Superjob.ru is one of the best websites for finding a job in Russia.
I like Russia because despite minuses Russia has it's charms as well and I don't understand how is it possible for Riiksman's friend to affraid visit country where she was born and grew up...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or