Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2010, 05:07 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

I have a picture of a Cigar and Tabacco shop in this area that I would like more details on if possible. The name on front of the shop is Anton Bachmann Cigarrenschaft.

This person is a relative but I have no idea who it might be. There is another sign that I can partially read - it says Taba.. Cirgarren Cigarre... Schnuf und Kautahak Hand...von A. Bachmann.

Their relatives moved to America in 1865.

It is a part of a 2-3 story building with two doors and a widow in the middle. It has three windows upstairs with two little windows above. The street is cobblestone and has a slight gradient.

Anybody with any historical sense know anything about this place and its owners?

Much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe