Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 12:11 PM

239 posts, read 596,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedmom View Post
Why would you want to go out with any girl who is so shallow as to only care about your BMI to begin with? I have found if you are happy and at peace with yourself, then that is what is attractive to women (well atleast not shallow ones, but really why would you want to go out with anyone like that?). I love my husband for who he is. I loved him at 220, 195, 302, and now at 230. My advice would be to stop wondering about whether you are too fat for someone else and start focusing on whether you are happy with who you are. If the answer is no, then work on that. If the answer if yes then you need to find someone who thinks the same thing. She's out there, I promise.
Judging someone based on their weight is hardly shallow. What you and other people are forgetting, is that a compatible lifestyle is something that will greatly increase the chances of a couple being happy, and surviving in the long run.

Someone who exercises on a regular basis, and is very active, will most likely be happiest with someone who leads a compatible lifestyle -- and an obese person (I'm not talking about someone who's just a little overweight), almost certainly doesn't lead an active lifestyle, with regular exercise, etc.

A person's weight is almost always a reflection of their activity level, etc. If an active person who exercises regularly, wants to be with someone else who leads a similar lifestyle...how is that shallow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 10:40 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,640,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Most women I know are attracted to a man for who he is - not how much he weighs.
The two qualities aren't that distinct. If a person is overweight, that's an indicator of who they are and how much they value their health. There's a reason humans have evolved to find certain shapes more attractive than others. It's because our brains are looking for signs of health. The caveman didn't have scales with body fat calculators or blood pressure monitors to evaluate how healthy someone was. All they could rely on was what they saw. In today's culture, we're told that it's shallow to judge people on looks. It's only shallow if that's the ONLY criteria you use. The problem today is that a lot of people have unrealistic standards for what they consider attractive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd72 View Post
Did everyone here forget "The King of Queens"? that situation happens often! fat guy with a hot skinny GF or Wife! so it really depends on the female in question. If she like fat guys or not.
I wouldn't use TV as an indicator of what things are really like. TV shows are created by network executives, most of whom are old white males. There's an element of wish fulfillment for both them and the audience they're targeting. Do you think the average guy out there who's probably overweight himself would want to watch a show where a guy who looks like him is married to an older overweight woman? Television is escapist fantasy for a lot of people. These guys can turn on the TV and see a guy who looks like them with some skinny younger girl. But real life rarely looks like TV.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:06 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,091,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunman View Post
i'm about 6'0 tall and i weight about 222lbs is that fat,would girls find me unfit and not attractive?

My boyfriend is a little fat on the gut, everything else is fine.
I work out so I make him work out. I told him I'm not attracted to fat and everywhere else on him is not fat, so I know he can lose it,
I dont think you'd be considered really fat, maybe you just to tone up??

Old 07-06-2010, 11:51 PM

294 posts, read 1,107,314 times
I agree, it totally depends on how you look and carry the weight. My husband is 6'2 and 250 lbs. His legs, butt and arms are solid muscle. A little chub in the stomach, but he is sooooo sexy to me. According to a BMI chart, he should be 190. If he was 190, he would be, quite literally, a stick. I once dated a guy who was 6'6 and the same weight, 250. And he was just chubby all over. It is strange how weight can be carried so differently. And yes, having extra weight can really interfere with sex. And that is, more unattractive than anything else.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:17 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
i'm about 6'0 tall and i weight about 222lbs is that fat,would girls find me unfit and not attractive?
I depends on if that extra weight is muscle or fat.

Emmitt Smith the great NFL player was 5' 9" and 215 pounds in his playing days. He was not fat at all. But was considered a great athlete with lots of speed and quickness.
http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/emmitt.jpg (broken link)

Now James Toney, professional boxer is 5' 10" and is 220 lbs.

Now you go take a good look in the mirror. Which one of these guys do you most resemble when it comes to body size/type?

Old 07-07-2010, 12:04 PM

71 posts, read 164,294 times
Quote:
Hey, I've seen very heavy people dating and/or married. I don't think that would have a signaficant impact on someone if they are really interested in you. Personally, I don't think 6'0" and 222 lbs is that bad. You are probably more worried about it than they are!

Old 07-07-2010, 12:16 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,091,944 times
Quote:

Show us a pic

Old 07-07-2010, 12:26 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Men who are too overweight are totally crap in bed. If you get winded climbing a flight of stairs, you are no match for me sexually.
Hrmmm I don't know about that....I have and prefer large ( big even chubby but with muscles kind of men ) and they were very caring lovers and great oralists !

6 feet and 220 is beautiful to me

Old 07-08-2010, 01:27 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,129 times
A little meat is sexy

Old 07-08-2010, 06:12 PM

660 posts, read 1,397,529 times
Quote:
No, just as us Women will hope you forgive us for a few extra pounds if we have them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness