U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 12:26 PM

30 posts, read 16,600 times
My two words (and a few letters): R&D Diet Cookie
I recommend these for people who have a lot of weight to lose, not just a few vanity pounds. It's that extra tool you need to keep you in control of your eating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 01:29 PM

5,148 posts, read 5,293,783 times
Hmmm...since a lot of people chimed in with misinformation I thought I should add some links:

The NutriSystem Diet Review: Foods, How It Works, and More

Things that stood out:
• It is not a high sodium plan
• The calorie level for females is 1200, males 1500. This meets the minimum basics of anyone's needs. Unless you are at a very high weight where you need more than 2200 - 2500 to maintain what you have, the cut is not extreme. (anything over 1000 is too much)
• The portion sizes are proper portions. This will come as a shocker to anyone who is unaware of proper portion sizes. Cereal portions still make me laugh my butt off.
• They do suggest exercise along with diet
• They had some transition step listed on the site. I would like to know more about that one.

In all I agree with webmd. Its good for short term, ease and learning proper portions. In the long run you will have to find less limiting options than the branded food. At least by then you will know what a proper portion looks like.

Good luck with your learning OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness