U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 08-04-2010, 07:30 AM

1,077 posts, read 1,645,527 times
Default Does anyone drink Boost energy drinks?

I started back working out a few months ago "again." I've worked out on and off ever since high school. I'm now 24.

The guys I work out with drink these high protein drinks you get at GNC. I forgot what they are currently using right now but they taste terrible. You mix the flavored powder in water and to me it just taste horrid. I rather just cook a full blown meal after my work out.

I recently started drinking these Boost: High protein drinks. They taste just like chocolate milk and 1 8oz bottle contains 15g of protein and 240 calories.

Do you think drinking these in between meals and after workouts would help me gain weight? I have noticed a big strength increase but I'm not gaining the weight I want. My metabolism is still extremely high and I'm tired of being small.

5'7 130lbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 08-07-2010, 12:53 AM

12,980 posts, read 17,055,566 times
Stop taking that Boost crap asap. Its no good for you. You can find some good tasting whey protein other than the GNC stuff. Try Optimun Nutrition's Double Chocolate or Rocky Road flavors. Mix with milk and you've got a really good tasting protein drink.

Unread 08-08-2010, 10:39 AM

1,055 posts, read 1,676,936 times
If I remember correctly that Boost drink caused me terrible gas and stomach upset. It doesn't have good ingredients in it.

There are literally tons of protein drinks available and some of very good. I order mine from Vitacost.com. Go there and read the reviews on each drink first. They are cheaper than stores and have flat rate shipping and if you get a coupon code from RetailMeNot.com you can get free shipping many times. I suggest Whey protein or egg protein and stay away from soy which is not good for the thyroid and also causes gas. Mostly I drink Whey protein like Champion and NSI brands. But there's a nice egg white protein mix by Jay Robb that is nice and digests easily. Be sure and get something called Blender Bottle to mix it in. Makes a world of difference.

Unread 08-10-2010, 01:45 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,645,527 times
Thanks for your recommendations! I will check this stuff out.

Unread 08-12-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Reed View Post
Hi friend,
Energy drinks generally contain sugar and other substances which contribute to weight growth. But it better to drink occasional energy drink. As most energy drink contain large amount of caffeine which leads to Nervousness,Irritability,Insomnia,Rapid heart beat and Increased blood pressure.

Thanks
hgh-humangrowthhormone.net
Boost is not an energy drink anyway. It's a low quality protein drink and thus far all drinks discussed are protein drinks and not energy drinks. I think the poster just used the wrong term.

Unread 08-12-2010, 02:02 PM

PS: UPS just brought my order of protein powder. Just tried the Champion Banana Scream and it tastes like a milk shake. I did 2 scoops in 8 oz lactose free lowfat milk. Yum!

Oh and I got a flyer with the order from Vitacost for protein supplements- if you use promo code PC18ST with order you get free sample of Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydro Whey Turbo Chocolate mix. Expires 9/9/10.

Unread 08-14-2010, 10:44 AM

8,424 posts, read 21,939,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman6974 View Post
I started back working out a few months ago "again." I've worked out on and off ever since high school. I'm now 24.

The guys I work out with drink these high protein drinks you get at GNC. I forgot what they are currently using right now but they taste terrible. You mix the flavored powder in water and to me it just taste horrid. I rather just cook a full blown meal after my work out.

I recently started drinking these Boost: High protein drinks. They taste just like chocolate milk and 1 8oz bottle contains 15g of protein and 240 calories.

Do you think drinking these in between meals and after workouts would help me gain weight? I have noticed a big strength increase but I'm not gaining the weight I want. My metabolism is still extremely high and I'm tired of being small.

5'7 130lbs.
In order to gain weight you need extra calories that are balanced.

Weight Gain Calculator

Eat real food too. Those shakes should only be used if you can't physically stomach real food. And its good to have something on hand because eating to gain can be hard to do some days. Use the calculator. It will tell you how much to eat to gain and give the proper macronutrients for that. You can get the same amount of protein out of greek yogurt or egg whites.

If you feel a strength increase its probably because of eating more calories and the boost has vitamins in it. That just is a sign to eat more and eat better for you food.

While you are trying to gain keep your cardio to the heart healthy minimum. It will be easier to gain and you won't have the discomfort of eating so much food to make up for it.

How much do you exactly want to gain? Since you seem to be naturally slim I am going to let you know, you get on the high end of the healthy bmi for your weight and you may think that looks too fat/big. Don't rush into gaining. Plus when you rush it, it will come on in fat. Take your time with it. I personally would not aim to gain if I was under 30. I have seen it turn stickmen into fatmen and then they had to diet it off. Be watchful of that because its not a big deal if you catch it early. Catch it with 25lbs to lose...then you have issues.

Unread 09-03-2010, 09:56 AM

6 posts, read 28,502 times
Default Does anyone drink Boost energy drinks?

well at least there is high probability that you will have the problems on your way doing this, i think. because these things are harmful for all the humans you need to think about it. so at the same time to have your inner system of body always clean i advice you to use the product that will improve your methabolism, give a boost of energy and this way you can lose weight.
[url=http://aktiv4you.com/?i=1605&l=en]Chromvital+[/url]

so i use it myself and feel good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness