Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 10:23 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,578,205 times

Advertisements

When I see this I secretly hope they pass out and faint mid run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 10:35 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
i definitely wouldnt like exercising out in the heat, but i dont see anything wrong with others doing it as long as they stay safe and hydrated.

what i do pick on are the people who are overweight and are exercising in extreme weather conditions. as if they want everyone to believe they are so dedicated that rain, snow, oppressive heat will not stop them from their exercise. they didnt get fat by being dedicated and disciplined, who do they think they are kidding?

Old 07-18-2012, 12:08 PM

3,256 posts, read 5,280,593 times
It's better than the treadmill... (dreadmill). You get acclimated to the heat within a couple weeks. You just have to hydrate more and slow down sometimes.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:02 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,264,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Why?

Old 07-18-2012, 03:25 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,761,412 times
I live in the Dallas area where near or above 100 degree temps are the norm come July / August and I still jog during the day when it's this hot. I absolutely love summer and the feel of bright sunshine on me. I have always hated winter for the most part except when I was a child making snowmen. I'm in pretty good shape so I am able to run in the heat. Drinking lots of fluids is necessary of course. If your out of shape it's not the best idea but for those that are, you can do it safely.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:46 PM

607 posts, read 1,393,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i definitely wouldnt like exercising out in the heat, but i dont see anything wrong with others doing it as long as they stay safe and hydrated.

what i do pick on are the people who are overweight and are exercising in extreme weather conditions. as if they want everyone to believe they are so dedicated that rain, snow, oppressive heat will not stop them from their exercise. they didnt get fat by being dedicated and disciplined, who do they think they are kidding?
They're not trying to kid anybody. Their trying to lose weight. At least their out there trying. It's more than most people can say, overweight or not.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Jealous much?

Old 07-18-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynn View Post
It's better than the treadmill... (dreadmill). You get acclimated to the heat within a couple weeks. You just have to hydrate more and slow down sometimes.
I agree. I've tried the treadmill thing and I can't do it. I got to have fresh air and scenery to look at. Watching television and running in place doesn't do it for me.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:24 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by football45013 View Post
They're not trying to kid anybody. Their trying to lose weight. At least their out there trying. It's more than most people can say, overweight or not.
if they were really trying, they wouldnt be fat. its not that hard to maintain a reasonable bodyfat %. the problem is that they "try" for a few weeks and then they give up. that same person you are giving credit to for "trying" will reward himself with an ice cream sundae that night and in a month he will be on his couch eating potato chips and twinkies.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
if they were really trying, they wouldnt be fat. its not that hard to maintain a reasonable bodyfat %. the problem is that they "try" for a few weeks and then they give up. that same person you are giving credit to for "trying" will reward himself with an ice cream sundae that night and in a month he will be on his couch eating potato chips and twinkies.
How do you know this? Do you personally know every single one of these people? You ever thought that some of these people may actually be serious about losing weight and are really trying? FYI....There have been overweight people who have actually lost weight. Are there people who do what you described above? Of course. But to make one blanket assumption about one group of people is just wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness