Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 03:21 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I honestly wonder if some of you champions ever work out regularly. I mean, finishing a serious day's work at the office and checking into the gym before heading home for the night.

Men continuing to remain in the locker room past the closing is the norm. I see it all the time (unless you live in a 500 strong village ), coz barring weekends I'm one of those late evening/night check-in guys, after work. And I am not the only one, there is a similar crowd that gets in and leaves late. This is the "fitness" board people, where regular gym rats perform daily business. You sure you are in the right board? LOL
It's not about being a regular gym rat, it's about consideration for other people.

The gym closes at 9:00. They want you leaving the building at 9:00, not 9:15. Finish your workout at 8:45, take a quick shower, dry yourself off, put your clothes on, bring a baseball cap and leave.

Do your primping at home. The hours are posted I'm sure, or did you think those hours posted were for everyone else and you were the exception?And just because there are other men in there doing the same thing, doesn't make it right.

Did it ever occur to you that those people working in the gym have put in long hours too and want to go home as well? Maybe her SO was outside waiting for her to get off from work? Maybe she had a kid she wanted to see before putting him/her to bed that evening. Maybe she had a LONG day and was heading out to meet friends...the point is, they CLOSE at 9:00, not whenever you feel you are done getting your hair perfect.

Where do you get this sense of entitlement?

Weren't you the one who posted about doing your laundry naked in your apartment building and someone walked in on you there? If you don't want to be caught naked, seems like you should make it a priority to keep your clothes on in public.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:33 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
It's not about being a regular gym rat, it's about consideration for other people.

The gym closes at 9:00. They want you leaving the building at 9:00, not 9:15. Finish your workout at 8:45, take a quick shower, dry yourself off, put your clothes on, bring a baseball cap and leave.

Do your primping at home. The hours are posted I'm sure, or did you think those hours posted were for everyone else and you were the exception?And just because there are other men in there doing the same thing, doesn't make it right.

Did it ever occur to you that those people working in the gym have put in long hours too and want to go home as well? Maybe her SO was outside waiting for her to get off from work? Maybe she had a kid she wanted to see before putting him/her to bed that evening. Maybe she had a LONG day and was heading out to meet friends...the point is, they CLOSE at 9:00, not whenever you feel you are done getting your hair perfect.

Weren't you the one who posted about doing your laundry naked in your apartment building and someone walked in on you there? If you don't want to be caught naked, seems like you should make it a priority to keep your clothes on in public.
Oh, please, let's not get into the past. I'm flattered people have quite the memory in the C/D world. But you're a nice person for personifying other people. I appreciate that.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:33 PM

610 posts, read 1,295,586 times
Quote:
I honestly wonder if some of you champions ever work out regularly. I mean, finishing a serious day's work at the office and checking into the gym before heading home for the night.

Men continuing to remain in the locker room past the closing is the norm. I see it all the time (unless you live in a 500 strong village ), coz barring weekends I'm one of those late evening/night check-in guys, after work. And I am not the only one, there is a similar crowd that gets in and leaves late. This is the "fitness" board people, where regular gym rats perform daily business. You sure you are in the right board? LOL
Of course I do work out regularly what does this have to do with women walking into the mens lockerroom? when I was a security guard I used to finish some of my shifts at 6:00 in the morning and then head to the gym, be done with my program about 8:30. On more than one occasion the cleaning lady cought me naked in the shower, but by the middle of that summer she just kept cleaning and I just kept showering when she came in. She as well as some other cleaning personell must have seen me naked at least 20 times, no big deal.

You seem to make a huge deal out of this "beeing seen naked"-thing, what is it that you're so insecure about? Or what is it that you're so afraid of having been cought with? It's not like my bits are very impressive before it grows... and neither are most other guys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post

I agree it's the norm that people are always there until 15-20 minutes after closing time at my gym aswell. I once talked about gym routines with an employee I know a little bit and he basicly said that they count on people still being there until half an hour after closing time(22:00) at least. At this time they usually have to tell the women it's time to leave while the mens lockerroom is usually empty. Yet there is always 2 employees staying until 23:00 doing the rounds, and doing some small cleaning up so they don't really mind. while the women start hurrying up at 22:30 the last one usually takes until 22:40 until she's out the main door. Anyway late members at the gym is not an issue there, they're paid until 23:00 and expect people to be a bit late out as long as they don't keep lifting too many minutes past 22:00.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:49 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,696,907 times
Perhaps you also need to talk to somebody about your fear of having a single person catch you naked by mistake and reacting with such rage I would post it in Health and Wellness and look for a therapist. I'm sure you are not alone.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:53 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Quote:
Oh, please, let's not get into the past. I'm flattered people have quite the memory in the C/D world. But you're a nice person for personifying other people. I appreciate that.
It was quite the comical post and it wasn't that long ago. Thankfully I have decent memory. The nifty CD search feature helped too

Yeah, I do have a habit of personifying others...I guess it's because I am guilty of internalizing how my actions would effect others.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:36 AM

10,106 posts, read 9,963,986 times
lol @ a dude complaining about a girl seeing him naked. lmao!!!

Old 01-19-2011, 03:00 PM

610 posts, read 1,295,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
lol @ a dude complaining about a girl seeing him naked. lmao!!!
yeap agree 100%

Old 01-19-2011, 06:57 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,171,277 times
I think the ruder thing is gelling your hair in the nude..not sure as to why when you are going home you need to "religiously gel" your hair.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:17 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
I think the ruder thing is gelling your hair in the nude..not sure as to why when you are going home you need to "religiously gel" your hair.
Man, it's going out into New York City. People don't pay respect if you are out coarsely dressed and dirty, with gym stench on top of it. I even get out in my tie at times, though it's 9pm Gotta keep up with the Joneses

Last edited by Currency Pair Crocodile; 01-19-2011 at 07:26 PM..

Old 01-19-2011, 07:44 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,496,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
If you don't want women looking at your junk then get out of the locker room earlier or gel up you hair with some clothes on. It ain't that hard.
Maybe he was gelling his pubes? And it could've been hard...there were two other naked guys in there doing the gel thing, too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness