Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 09:10 AM

20,058 posts, read 18,219,244 times

Advertisements

How many miles do you do a week?

What are your results???

I do anywhere from 2 miles to 8 miles per day 5x a week.

My results?

Legs and arse are the envy of both male and female alike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 09:43 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,837,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post

What are your results???

My results?

LOL. You're funny.

2 to 8 miles per day 5x a week will definitely do that to a person.

I just do 3 miles per day. But I always always always shoot for doing it as fast as I possibly can. Wife says I have an amazing "arse" that is "perfect round" but I dont know if she says it because its true or if she just wants me to do stuff around the house like install new flooring, do the dishes or order new kitchen cabinets.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:01 AM

20,058 posts, read 18,219,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
LOL. You're funny.

2 to 8 miles per day 5x a week will definitely do that to a person.

I just do 3 miles per day. But I always always always shoot for doing it as fast as I possibly can. Wife says I have an amazing "arse" that is "perfect round" but I dont know if she says it because its true or if she just wants me to do stuff around the house like install new flooring, do the dishes or order new kitchen cabinets.
LOL! I have a HUGE appetite and eat constantly.

My metab coupled with exercise allows for me to eat like a bottomless pit, and still be buff.

Well, it's the looks I'm getting from others that really says it all!

Last edited by picklejuice; 01-15-2011 at 10:09 AM..

Old 01-15-2011, 02:59 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,082,309 times
"Arse?" Are you a Brit or is that your clever way of avoiding the CD censor? LOL--Anyway, I'm one of those weird runners who actually prefer the treadmill over running outside. See, after 20 years of organized baseball, my poor ol' knees ain't what they used to be, so I like the way the treadmill is alot easier on my knees than running outside. Some folks will tell you that running on a treadmill isn't as good for you as running outside, but that's nonsense; your heartrate doesn't care where it gets its exercise. And that's what aerobic and cardio fitness is all about: getting your heartrate up to that 70-80%-of-max level for about 30 minutes a day, 4-5 times a week.
Don't get me wrong: somnetimes when the weather is nice--like it often here is in Austin in the winter, when the rest of the country is freezing its collective arse off--I do run outside. I'd say maybe 3-4 times a month.
As far as the Dreadmill, as you called it: I do about 20 miles a week for most of the year, but I cut that in half during winter because thats when I cut back on my cardio and bulk-up a bit and eat more and do more weights.
Oh yeah, and when on the tread I always keep the elevation up to at least 2% so as to compensate for the lack of wind resistance and uneven ground inherent to outdoor running.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:24 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,610,280 times
I run on alternate days, I keep it like 4 times a week max. Otherwise I put the effort on other machines like the gauntlet, rower and the mighty AMT.

My vibrams have revolutionized my running, I am running longer and less pain in the feet

I use them on the AMT and rower too. Shoes just for the gauntlet.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:30 PM

10 posts, read 22,082 times
Quote:

What are your results???

My results?

I don't dread the "mill" I love it! That and kickboxing are my stress relievers. DH says he has never seen anyone zone out on one as good as I do. I like running outside better, but it has been way too cold here right now.

I do around 3.5 to 4 miles about 3 days a week right now.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:36 PM

198 posts, read 481,900 times
Quote:

What are your results???
I do five miles a day, five to six days a week and then follow it up with strength training for a half hour or so. When it warms up in spring I leave the dreadmill behind and run outside. Sometimes I still take it outside in the winter, but I don't like to run in the dark when it's icy, so it's usually just the weekends when I can do that. I agree with Lao that intensity trumps distance (at least for me - maybe not everyone). A half hour at 10 mph does more for my overall level of fitness than an hour at 8 mph.

My results? Well, all I know is that I feel great. I've been doing this since my early 20s. I'm in my late 30s now, and that's the age where you can really start to tell the difference between the people who have taken care of themselves and those that haven't. This gap only increases with age. I think it's great when I run across a person who hasn't exercised before but decides to start and manages to stick with it. Ever notice they never regret it?

Old 01-15-2011, 07:41 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,075,846 times
I had to laugh at your post. I don't run on a treadmill...I consider running (outside, on roads and trails) to be a winter treat.

BUT....I do want to keep up my cycling fitness as well, and so I log some time/miles indoors in the winter on the bicycle stationary trainer. I call my trainer the "vomitron". Because I really really hate it, and yet I do it. Thought you might get a kick out of that.

Two thumbs up to everyone who keeps on slogging on through the winter months.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:57 PM

1,678 posts, read 3,996,649 times
I enjoy running on the treadmill myself, but the HIIT days are true "arse" kickers! Right now, I am going through a bulking stage, and its more important than ever for me to keep up with the cardio routine, along with my resistance training.

Ian

Old 01-15-2011, 09:29 PM

41,728 posts, read 74,675,578 times
I hit the treadmill to improve my health, not to gain attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness