Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 05:38 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,723 times

Advertisements

I'm addicted to working out; love the endorphin rush. Love what effects the various moves have on my body- strong thighs, nice abs, etc. Really good for my confidence And it also works out a lot of aggression, as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 07:34 PM

600 posts, read 1,027,633 times
getting rid of man boobs

Old 08-23-2011, 12:55 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,848,705 times
I like the the benefits of working out like feeling and looking better and getting stronger. I love being drenched in sweat after a vigorous workout or run. I like stepping up my workouts when its time to. Working out also relaxes/eases your heart, mind and soul. I do a lot of thinking while working out. You only have one body so take care of it.

-Cheers.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:08 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Women like Jaime Koeppe and most if not ALL CrossFit chicks.
To Ms.Koeppe. Curvy/thick but physically fit, I like that a lot. I work out for many of the reasons others said (minus the making fun of fat people comment), plus I look good in my clothes.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:33 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,197,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckCommander View Post
What keeps you motivated?

Music, health, looks, strength, supplements, ect.?
Not wanting to have a beer belly or be overweight.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:28 AM

1,549 posts, read 4,256,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Wow!! 117 pounds is amazing. Way to go!!

I mis-typed on my earlier post about being "big boned". I mean to say that they say they are "Big Bone-ded". LOL.

that's right...BIG BONE-DED!!! I just busted out laughing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Thanks and congrats to you as well. 117 is an awesome acheivement!
Thanks so much and congrats to you too!!!

One thing I have noticed about my weight loss is it has made me a better salsa dancer..people who wouldn't dance with me last year all of a sudden are in my face begging me to dance with them...my stamina to stay on the salsa floor for hours at a time spinning on the floor like crazy is something I don't want to lose...that is a motivator for sure! Plus I drive my boyfriend nuts talking about the imaginary boyfriends I have made at my local salsa hangouts!

Old 08-25-2011, 07:41 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,739,491 times
Lowering my blood pressure otherwise I hate exercise in general.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:27 PM

395 posts, read 1,540,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
I have to agree with you LaoTzu and mocha...I'm black too and used that big boned excuse...I've lost 117 pounds since April 2010 and turns out my bones are NORMAL sized....actually, many can't believe they are so small and I can't believe these bones supported all that excess weight!!!

Mocha, congrats on your weightloss!! That's awesome!!!! Congrats to your mother for recognizing it's time to change!
117 pounds! How wonderful! I am jealous though. I have been working on losing around 100 pounds myself since June of 2010 and am only down 39 pounds. I had hoped to be much closer to my goal by now. I have been using an elliptical at the Y for an hour a day five days a week on average and trying to tone up with their weight machines about 3x a week. I have recently added swimming laps instead of the elliptical 2 x a week to change it up a bit. Hopefully that will work.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:17 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,276,724 times
If you aren't losing weight (and it sounds like you are), the first thing to tweak should be your diet. Diet really is the most important part of the equation. People just ignore it because it can be the most difficult.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:19 PM

1,549 posts, read 4,256,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridamom1970 View Post
117 pounds! How wonderful! I am jealous though. I have been working on losing around 100 pounds myself since June of 2010 and am only down 39 pounds. I had hoped to be much closer to my goal by now. I have been using an elliptical at the Y for an hour a day five days a week on average and trying to tone up with their weight machines about 3x a week. I have recently added swimming laps instead of the elliptical 2 x a week to change it up a bit. Hopefully that will work.

What are you eating......and drinking....plus you need to do something crazy different to cause your body to burn more fat and calories....

It took me under a year to lose 100 pounds but I was crazy in the beginning...It took me some months to figure out what I should eat. I'd be willing to help you if you'd like. I can tell you all the crazy stuff I did and what finally worked!

I don't know how you can do the elliptical...I hate that thing...lol!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness