Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2011, 08:53 AM

16 posts, read 225,851 times

Advertisements

This sort of applies to exercise and fitness, so I figured I would post here.

I started playing baseball about two weeks ago after over a two year break. I have practice 6 days a week and I was throwing at most of them, and pitching a few of those days. I thought I was taking everything slow, but maybe not? About seven days ago when I was pitching, the top of the back of my arm started to hurt. I stopped pitching and put ice on it, and it continued to hurt while not playing. Even sitting down, putting a shirt on, straightening my arm or bending my arm hurt. It slowly got better after about 5 days, and it didn't hurt that much. It was very mild and only hurt a little when I threw, nothing bad. Then my coach decided to have me pitch again, and I only threw about 20 pitches, and the pain is back and just as bad as it was the first time.

I read up a bit on the internet and I think it's either a triceps strain/pull, but I don't know the severity either. Since it healed pretty quick the first time, I think its a very mild case and can heal in around 10 days, but since I may have re-strained/pulled it, I may have done a lot more damage. It hurts when I straighten my arm, bend my arm, flex, pretty much anything I do with my throwing arm. One movement I can't make at all with my arm without excruciating pain is having my elbow by my waist and bringing my forearm away from my body.

Also, I've been stretching my arm well before practice and when I'm at home, as well as icing my arm every day.

What do you guys think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 06:48 PM

51 posts, read 152,053 times
Go see a doctor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness