Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2011, 03:22 AM

1,349 posts, read 663,355 times

Advertisements

At the same time, in the food and drink forum "state fair features 1500 calories donut burger" just a few days ago :

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
I had one of those before they were quite delicious. If you like hamburgers & Krispy kreme doughnuts I encourage you to try it.
I wonder now if it's any use ...

Old 08-05-2011, 12:13 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
I actually feel sorry for your wife and child
haha, if people are feeling sorry for my wife and daughter, then nobody has hope in this world. im not being a meanie, im just being honest. i understand that in person i wouldnt be so upfront with the honesty (unless pushed) but there are different rules on the internet. there is less of a need to be so delicate.

me and my baby last weekend (people around us were practically in tears feeling so sorry for us):

Old 08-05-2011, 12:15 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,739,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
At the same time, in the food and drink forum "state fair features 1500 calories donut burger" just a few days ago :

I wonder now if it's any use ...
I have had one in the past. They were good, but that doesn't mean I have eaten one recently.

Old 08-06-2011, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
I have had one in the past. They were good, but that doesn't mean I have eaten one recently.
Of course

It's just that this is soooooooooooooooooo far from anything that I can even imagine that would be unhealthy food, I was wondering how to introduce you to classic fresh food.

And it kind of tickled me that you'd encourage someone to eat that.

(not even mentonning - oh yes I am - how it must taste )

Old 08-07-2011, 02:43 PM

97 posts, read 210,529 times
Quote:
Of course

It's just that this is soooooooooooooooooo far from anything that I can even imagine that would be unhealthy food, I was wondering how to introduce you to classic fresh food.

And it kind of tickled me that you'd encourage someone to eat that.

(not even mentonning - oh yes I am - how it must taste )
I always find it a little creepy when one member decides to audit another member's posting history so they can point out things they've said in the past. It's like watching Meet the Press.

"And on July 20th, 2011 you advised someone to eat a 1500 calorie donut burger. How do you defend that, Sir??"

Old 08-07-2011, 02:49 PM

50,335 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Low carb, portion control. I'm willing to bet that if you are 100# overweight you didn't get that way by eating fruit and vegetables.
I suggest you go to online Weightwatchers and keep tract of your daily portion control that way. Eliminate anything that contains white flour or sugar. The weight will fall off if you do.

Old 08-07-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats-r-us View Post
I always find it a little creepy when one member decides to audit another member's posting history so they can point out things they've said in the past. It's like watching Meet the Press.

"And on July 20th, 2011 you advised someone to eat a 1500 calorie donut burger. How do you defend that, Sir??"

I'm sorry, reading you, I understand it can totally be seen that way. I assure you that wasn't the case, I happen to read the food and drink forum too.

But you're right, the thing to do would have been to send an mp or shut up, I shouldn't have posted on the thread.

I apologize for that Treasurejewel, please accept that it is more due to being a novice on forums than any intention of being hurtful.

Old 08-07-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Low carb, portion control. I'm willing to bet that if you are 100# overweight you didn't get that way by eating fruit and vegetables.
This.

Of course she didn't eat correctly or she wouldn't be where she is now. What struck me was the fact that while trying to be health-conscious, she would encourage someone to not be. It made me wonder if the first real path shouldn't be to realize that this is not good food, period. Otherwise sh's in for a life of deprivation and that can't be attained, can it?

Not very well said previously, I realize.

Old 08-07-2011, 03:28 PM

97 posts, read 210,529 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, reading you, I understand it can totally be seen that way. I assure you that wasn't the case, I happen to read the food and drink forum too.

But you're right, the thing to do would have been to send an mp or shut up, I shouldn't have posted on the thread.

I apologize for that Treasurejewel, please accept that it is more due to being a novice on forums than any intention of being hurtful.
Oh no worries! I was just being sassy with you!

I've seen others doing that in a really mean spirited kind of way, but clearly that's not the case with you!

Old 08-07-2011, 05:23 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cats-r-us View Post

Ok, I know personne said she was sorry and didn't mean it to sound that harsh but I lmao at that last bit. Hilarious!!

Either way, if a person is trying to eat healthy but they have experience of something that tastes really good, I don't see a problem with telling someone to try it.

As for me, I'm sorry but a donut burger sounds disgusting. Sweet donut with a burger inside is just wrong. Blech!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness