Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 02:48 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,307,854 times

Advertisements

Celebs with tiny waists - my fav is Bridgette Bardot
Tiny Waist Page

I guess I should try to do pilates or something and tighten my muscles down to 23". From the front I feel like I look the same as most of these celebs but I eat so damn much my organs are always bulging out from the side view... ugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 10:36 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,707,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
I don't know what perfect is...I am 5'4" and 36, 22, 37. Yes, there are women with a 22 inch waist. I don't think I look weird or unhealthy. It is hard to find things to fit right though because of the difference between the waist and hips. I weigh 120lbs too.
Trippy. I am slightly taller than you but if i get extra pounds (about 120-125)we are equal measures. Totally agree on the fit issue. Its what motivated me to lose a few off the hips.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:53 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,696,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
I've tried anything from cheapie to $200 brands and they all are ill-fitting! The best so far in pants were Victoria Secret brand (cheapie brand!) and the best in jeans is Paris Blues. But still rather uncomfortable. Part of it is I have huge quads from genetics or doing ballet when I was younger so the knees never fit correctly either. But the butt is like.. always loose in some areas and tight in others... wah!

I just try to stick to stretchy materials.
Have you tried the Levi's curvy jeans? They're relatively cheap and fit me better than any I've found in a long time.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:12 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,385,976 times
22 inches is "normal" for a woman? Maybe a 14 year old.

I'm 5'9 and about 133 pounds. I run 60 miles a week and usually run 8-9 marathons a year. So by anyone's definition, I would be considered fit and thin. My waist size is 27. I couldn't get my waist size to 22 unless I was dead.

Extremely petite or short women could have 22 inch waists and look fine, however.

Old 06-20-2011, 11:49 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,707,381 times
I love it how people freely skinny bash over a couple inches. How about 22 is normal for some people and you don't have it so stop being catty?

Old 06-21-2011, 09:04 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,394,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I love it how people freely skinny bash over a couple inches. How about 22 is normal for some people and you don't have it so stop being catty?

I can't speak for other posters, but I'm not bashing, nor being catty (and I didn't take anybody else being catty either.) When I hold a tape measure up to make a 22" circumference, I truly have trouble imagining a woman with that waist. I know a lot of small framed, thin women and although I never asked them their dimensions, their waist never looked as small as 22" on the tape measure...maybe they are and their clothes disguise it or throw me off. I'm not saying it's bad in anyway, but I don't think it's common among women, even fit & healthy women. I'm 6'1", but just because I'm 6'1", that doesn't make it "normal" or "optimal" for most.

FWIW, I know other posters have cited celeb/model measurements, but I don't put much credence in those numbers.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:51 AM

7,165 posts, read 9,214,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I can't speak for other posters, but I'm not bashing, nor being catty (and I didn't take anybody else being catty either.) When I hold a tape measure up to make a 22" circumference, I truly have trouble imagining a woman with that waist. I know a lot of small framed, thin women and although I never asked them their dimensions, their waist never looked as small as 22" on the tape measure...maybe they are and their clothes disguise it or throw me off. I'm not saying it's bad in anyway, but I don't think it's common among women, even fit & healthy women. I'm 6'1", but just because I'm 6'1", that doesn't make it "normal" or "optimal" for most.

FWIW, I know other posters have cited celeb/model measurements, but I don't put much credence in those numbers.
Didn't even think of that. Just pulled out the tape and visualized it. I don't know any woman whose waist is that small. Maybe with a corset?

Personally, I think if a woman is fit and healthy she is going to be attractive no matter what the tape measure says. Just my 2 cents.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:12 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,309,882 times
It depends on the woman. For instance, I can buy my shoes in the girl's department and have tiny hands and wrists. Even though I have padding in certain areas my frame is tiny, so I have a small waist. Also, I am young and have not had children yet. I would imagine my waist size will change with time and pregnancy. No one wears a corset today, and really who cares what size someone's waist is as long as they are healthy and happy.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:26 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,394,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
It depends on the woman. For instance, I can buy my shoes in the girl's department and have tiny hands and wrists. Even though I have padding in certain areas my frame is tiny, so I have a small waist. Also, I am young and have not had children yet. I would imagine my waist size will change with time and pregnancy. No one wears a corset today, and really who cares what size someone's waist is as long as they are healthy and happy.

I've had 3 children and my waistline & hips have remained the same, so I don't necessarily think giving birth has any bearing on that.

As for who cares what size someone's waist it, well that was the whole point of the post...someone asked.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:29 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,309,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post

As for who cares what size someone's waist it, well that was the whole point of the post...someone asked.

Yea, I thought of that after I posted....lol...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness