U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 06:44 PM

323 posts, read 734,128 times

Advertisements

It drives me crazy when women say muscles make them look like men !! or they refuse to lift heavy weights because they don't want to get to big.

These are ridiculous statements that prevent women from reaching their full fitness potential (and attractiveness).

Why is it so rare to find fit healthy girls with muscles ?
Why do women NOT like being aesthetic and strong ?
Why are women so ANTI- gym ?

Examples of rare gems

Dominika Cibulkova

Rin Nakai

Unknown

unknown

No one thinks any of these women look like men ! Quite the opposite actually...

Old 08-16-2011, 07:48 PM

5,547 posts, read 8,289,159 times
I've seen the muscle women and do not think it's attractive at all. I'll agree it's nice to have firm abs and tight muscles, but to lift weights to promote bulges? No way.

I'd suggest you join a special gym or something or start a meetup for both men and women into body building. No doubt you'll meet some women that way.

As to why? My personal opinion is it looks gross but it may have a lot to do with culture. Ok, sorry, looked at the pics after the fact. With the exception of #4, they all look like anyone you'd find at a regular gym. And I don't think women are anti-gym. Maybe you belong to the wrong gym.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:03 PM

14,131 posts, read 26,246,015 times
I see plenty of very fit women out on the bike trails here in Northern Virginia. They're no bodybuilders but sure look great in spandex. I like the smooth and firm much more than the muscly look.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:18 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,440,508 times
Maybe a lot of women have a full time job, and are raising kids...not a lot of time for focusing on a perfect body. On the other hand, men seem to have PLENTY of time to work out...go figure it...

Old 08-16-2011, 09:19 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,494,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
It drives me crazy when women say muscles make them look like men !! or they refuse to lift heavy weights because they don't want to get to big.

These are ridiculous statements that prevent women from reaching their full fitness potential (and attractiveness).

Examples of rare gems

Dominika Cibulkova

Rin Nakai

Unknown

unknown

I do not find those women attractive.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:29 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,239,339 times
The majority of women probably dont find it a priority to look like that.

Everyone likes something different, and that happens to be what you find attractive. You will have to look for them specifically where they will be found lol...

To each their own

(PS. you can be FIT and not look like them)

Old 08-16-2011, 10:32 PM

484 posts, read 1,325,849 times
Speak for yourself. I don't find the athletic body type for women to be attractive at all. It is anti-feminine. None of the women I know like it nor do they strive for that body either.

If you want to know what the ideal body type that most women covet is, then all you have to do is look at female mannequins in clothing stores. Based on that I would say the ideal is 5'8", 120 lbs, 17% fat with flat stomach, hour glass figure, long slender legs and arms. Not the muscular oak-tree legs and bulging biceps in those pics.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:37 PM

860 posts, read 1,705,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post

Examples of rare gems

Dominika Cibulkova

Rin Nakai

Unknown

unknown

Come to Alaska, you'll find 'em.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:58 PM

12,977 posts, read 28,798,671 times
Those are ALL my kind of women. Your Rin Nakai pic didnt show up but I know who she is and WOW WOW WOW I had to post it for everyone to see.

Those types of women are pretty prevalent where I live. You can ALWAYS find them at Crossfit, Equinox and usually getting mochas at Starbucks. Those are TOTALLY my favorite type of women - super athletic yet still very feminine.

Female bodybuilders are not at all attractive to me. Some of them during off-season may be okay, but for the most part, the bodybuilding chicks are NOT attractive usually. Fitness Models are where its at though.
Attached Thumbnails
Why are Fit women so RARE and hard to find ?-rin-nakai.jpg  

Old 08-17-2011, 12:13 AM

12,977 posts, read 28,798,671 times
You and I are looking at totally different pictures then. Those four women he pictured are in totally tip top shape/health/fitness.

Dominika is a top 25 world ranked tennis player. Rin Nakai is a MMA fighter. The other chicks, I dont know who they are but its totally obvious that they are 1) Totally fit/healthy; 2) Do not have dangerosly low body fat % and 3) Amazingly sexy and definitely have ZERO difficulty in attracting men.

Last edited by elnina; 08-17-2011 at 02:44 AM.. Reason: Yes, you are right!! Wrong pictures!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness