Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 01:07 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,099,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I look forward to my workouts almost as much as I look forward to having marathon sex sessions with Mrs. Lao. Its like she gets all super sexy worked up after her yoga class, she'll send me a text saying "be ready" or something similar. Any guy would get excited over this, and this is how excited I get over my workouts.
Sweet. My wife is the same way. Her thing is getting at me before I hit the showers after a run. I dunno, she's kinda kinky I guess: she gets off on my "man funk" (her words) after I run. Last week, after a run I was just getting my clothes off and had the shower on and was ready to step in and she grabbed my by the arm and led me off to the BR, saying, "Don't you dare."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 08:43 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,304,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTrails View Post
Seems like kind of a silly notion as most people associate working out with "work", but I actually crave the work out. It feels good. I look forward to it, and I plan my week around it. Meet at 2? Can't do it I have the gym.

Anyone else like this?
Been doing this for a long time and no plans to stop. I no longer use weights but bodyweight and have re-vamped my programs over the years.

Now, I keep things simple, fun and intense, but not so hard that I feel burned out the next day.

I have learned through trial and error that excercise should, like you stated be something to look forward to, and not dread.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:55 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,117,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryswan View Post
My workout must love me more than I love it.

When I don't workout it calls me.. haunts & taunts me
and I cannot stop thinking of anything but that I am avoiding it...
so, I return to the gym and all is right with the world.
I heard that The gym calls your name even when you don't feel like working out that day.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:44 PM

650 posts, read 1,811,528 times
After working out consistantly for 4 years, I'm starting to get tired of it. I'm still addicted in the sense that I feel bad if I miss a day, but it's getting tiring after all these years. Still going strong since 2007 though!

When I first met my girlfriend, I actually told her my gym days so she won't get upset that I can't spend time with her on those nights. Lay it all down on the table so she can't get mad!

Old 10-25-2011, 05:05 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,944 times
Quote:

When I don't workout it calls me.. haunts & taunts me
and I cannot stop thinking of anything but that I am avoiding it...
so, I return to the gym and all is right with the world.
Amen. I love it, I crave exercise like I used to crave food. Awesome.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:32 PM

941 posts, read 1,803,252 times
Default feeling like a slug, inching my way to the gym, not lovin' it tho.

I had to be away from the gym for a while.. I went back and it was like I had no muscles. Next day I sat on the couch all day, pooped.
I'm having trouble enjoying the workouts now.. like I lost my groove.. what can I do to get back into the joy of it?

Old 10-26-2011, 09:22 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,214,540 times
not the one to ask .... i hate it all with a passion

I get the exact opposite of what workout people get .... basically it just puts me in a foul mood, feels like a complete waste of time/energy and i'm sure to be cranky for an hour or two afterwards

everything about the experience I hate ....... even moreso if I have to set foot into a place like a gym .... blech

Old 10-26-2011, 03:01 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
I had to be away from the gym for a while.. I went back and it was like I had no muscles. Next day I sat on the couch all day, pooped.
I'm having trouble enjoying the workouts now.. like I lost my groove.. what can I do to get back into the joy of it?

Just keep doing it. You'll get back into the swing after a week or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness