Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2011, 06:54 PM

9,005 posts, read 13,758,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
So you are putting taste ahead of your health. You know that something is not good for you, but you do it anyway. How is this not a mental issue?

And I suffered from this as well. For me, there WERE reasons behind why I didn't value myself enough to take care of me.

And aren't you a nurse? Don't you see firsthand the effects of not taking care of yourself?

I guess it's no different from doctors and nurses who smoke.
Its strange,but I do see the effects of people not taking care of themelves.
Some people are more prone to obesity due to their occupations,and I also read that night shifters tend to be more overweight.
I see too many obese nurses,so I guess I have to think about the reason why there are so kany.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:03 AM

2,447 posts, read 3,568,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Its strange,but I do see the effects of people not taking care of themelves.
Some people are more prone to obesity due to their occupations,and I also read that night shifters tend to be more overweight.
I see too many obese nurses,so I guess I have to think about the reason why there are so kany.
I often work the 12 hour nightshift on my job, and yeah I can see how it get's tough to stick to healthy choices. A lot of the people I work with bring cookies, sweats etc to have something to chew on through the long hours towards the end of the shift.

Old 11-19-2011, 05:05 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,064,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
The trick is, people, increased physical activity.

Do everything you can, even if it means parking way away in the grocery store and running in.

If you want to eat well, increase physical activity by leaps and bounds.
Amen, amen, amen again.

You will be slim for three reasons:

1. You have a genetically high metabolism and a naturally thin physique.

2. You eat well, normal portions, good wholesome food 85% of the time with junk food only on special occasions, and exercise vigorously 3-4 days per week.

or

3. You eat like a bird.

It's really that simple. If you enjoy food and like to eat, you must exercise HARD to be slim. If you couldn't care less about food, it's just fuel to you, then you can eat very little and stay slim. I wish I was this kind of person, it would really be so much easier, but alas, I love food, so I have to exercise. A lot. And with weights. And until I am breathing heavy and sweating.

Old 11-19-2011, 09:49 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,760,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claud605 View Post
Amen, amen, amen again.

You will be slim for three reasons:

1. You have a genetically high metabolism and a naturally thin physique.

2. You eat well, normal portions, good wholesome food 85% of the time with junk food only on special occasions, and exercise vigorously 3-4 days per week.

or

3. You eat like a bird.

It's really that simple. If you enjoy food and like to eat, you must exercise HARD to be slim. If you couldn't care less about food, it's just fuel to you, then you can eat very little and stay slim. I wish I was this kind of person, it would really be so much easier, but alas, I love food, so I have to exercise. A lot. And with weights. And until I am breathing heavy and sweating.

That is me as well. I love to eat good food and I love to drink wine. Good thing I like to work out because its easy to pack on the pounds. But the food I eat is healthy both nutritionally and mentally. And I work out hard every time. When I leave the gym I am walking on air. Its a great balance.

Old 11-19-2011, 11:58 AM

9,005 posts, read 13,758,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
That is me as well. I love to eat good food and I love to drink wine. Good thing I like to work out because its easy to pack on the pounds. But the food I eat is healthy both nutritionally and mentally. And I work out hard every time. When I leave the gym I am walking on air. Its a great balance.
I'm the same. But now I'm ready to say the hell with it and put my hands up in the air.
Life is supposed to be enjoyed.
What kind of life is that to spend 2 hours in the gym. I do an hr 5 days a week and that's hard.

If someone wants to judge me for being obses beofre knowing me,to heck with them.I just hope they don't claim to be christian if they do.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:38 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,249,552 times
Quote:
I'm the same. But now I'm ready to say the hell with it and put my hands up in the air.
What kind of life is that to spend 2 hours in the gym. I do an hr 5 days a week and that's hard.

If someone wants to judge me for being obses beofre knowing me,to heck with them.I just hope they don't claim to be christian if they do.

You aren't the same; did you even read the post that you quoted? Luckyd609 likes to workout. They enjoy working out AND eating. Some people actually enjoy spending two hours in the gym; for us it is not a hardship.

Old 11-19-2011, 01:22 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,760,455 times
Quote:

I enjoy going to the gym very much. I like to challenge myself and push myself to new levels. I did not start out loving the gym, but I went because I knew I did not want to live my life being overweight and feeling crappy. I kept setting news goals for myself and never let myself make excuses to skip a day. It became a habit. Now its a habit I cannot imagine quitting. I am 50 years old and in great shape and I wake up feeling energized everyday.

And what the heck does being a Christian have to do with anything?

Old 11-19-2011, 02:53 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,463,641 times
TreasuredJewel, today i was at a bar mitzvah. thats a jewish ceremony and party that a kid has when he turns 13. it was a buffet style lunch. i had some salad with balsamic vinaigrette, a few slices of various wraps, 2 small bagels with cream cheese and lox, pasta salad, 1 chocolate chip cookie, 1 chocolate covered banana piece (2 inches), 1 chocolate covered pineapple piece and 1 chocolate covered strawberry.

what did you eat last night for dinner/dessert/snack?

Old 11-19-2011, 03:54 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,828,626 times
Secret for a slim body:

* Miles and miles of climbing on a bicycle

* Drinking lots of water

* Having lots of sex

-Cheers.

Old 11-19-2011, 11:31 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,118,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
Secret for a slim body:

* Miles and miles of climbing on a bicycle

* Drinking lots of water

* Having lots of sex

-Cheers.
I'm the same as that (or try to be).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness