Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2011, 05:25 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,138,954 times

Advertisements

Got a gym in the place I work. Now going to start a fitness programme of working out 90 minutes everyday before work - 5 days per week. A combination of Cardio and weights on alternating days.

Got some weight to lose - Heard that working out before breakfast means your body burns more Fat because it is in Fast mode.

I think this will work best for me - as there is always things which come in the way in the evenings, or just lack of motivation after work.

I think there is too much emphasis on fitness programs, instead of just committing to a time, certain length of workout everyday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 07:15 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,253,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyking View Post
Got a gym in the place I work. Now going to start a fitness programme of working out 90 minutes everyday before work - 5 days per week. A combination of Cardio and weights on alternating days.

Got some weight to lose - Heard that working out before breakfast means your body burns more Fat because it is in Fast mode.

I think this will work best for me - as there is always things which come in the way in the evenings, or just lack of motivation after work.

I think there is too much emphasis on fitness programs, instead of just committing to a time, certain length of workout everyday
Great! Check back with us in six months and let us know how it's going and whether you had any problem sticking to it the whole time. I'm sure you'll have a lot of company in about a month and a half from now, at least for awhile.

Old 11-20-2011, 11:15 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,819,357 times
Morning workouts are great. Thats when I go and I feel great for the rest of the day. As far whether you should or should not eat before your workouts I think you need to see what works for you. For me I must eat before I work out in the morning or else I will become extremely nauseous. I need the fuel in order to get the most out of my morning routine which is 90 to 120 minutes depending on what I am doing.
You can read a lot of conflicting information about eating and exercise so the very best thing you can do is see what works for you and not one someone tells you what will work.

Old 11-20-2011, 03:06 PM

160 posts, read 335,224 times
I work out in the mornings as well, and your right I feel great the rest of the day. I just started this routine back in august and so far its been working great. I do cardio for an hr. then weight training for 30 to 60 min. I tried eating before a workout and I seem to get a stomach ache, so now I just have one cup of coffee then after I'm done I drink a protein shake and 20 oz of water.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:39 AM

4,437 posts, read 8,131,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyking View Post
I work out in the mornings for those very same reasons. Since the gym is practically empty early in the morning, I can do supersetting without feeling like I'm hogging gym equipment. Plus I can do a 1.5 hour routine in less than an hour

Find what works for you and stick with it. Plus change it up to keep it interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness