Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 01:22 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeitup View Post
I've heard about it too... but when you do more than 45 mins of cardio, you start burning fat as well, right?
you start burning fat when your body uses more energy than the food you consume provides it. there is no magic number of minutes of cardio where you start burning fat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 04:13 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,636,017 times
Yes and no. I remember I used it while I was jogging, running and doing treadmills and I sweated more on my torso/core area than every where else, but you also have to do a lot of core exercises to sculpt your abs.

It COULD help but its not going to get you abs. It'll make you sweat more, yes but you have to burn your overall body fat as well. If you do get one (if you haven't already, I don't feel like reading all these post) than get the Everlast one. That's the best one and last a long time.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:01 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,812,041 times
Sweating does not equal losing weight. All the water your body loses through sweat must be replaced. So what would be the point of sweating more. If you want to sweat go sit in a steam room or sauna, or just have a nice hard workout. But you must replenish with water.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:06 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times
if you need to lose a lot of weight for something you are doing the next day, you can sweat away tons of weight. but it will come back fast.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:48 PM

3 posts, read 31,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeitup View Post
What if by reducing body fat it reduces my breast instead of my belly ? Is there a way to target that area specifically?
by reducing your body fat it cant reduce your breast.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:55 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,707,381 times
If it takes from your chest, that is fat. Just start putting muscle under your breast. It looks better anyway. It lifts the breasts, shapes them and gives you that nice cleavage line that starts at the sternum.

Are you watching what you eat? You have to combine proper diet and exercise to get a lower tummy fat. Even if you get lean but eat too much sugar and carbs you can bloat there giving you a false tum that is just water weight bloat.

I have wrapped my torso in saran. It doesn't get rid of fat but it does get rid of bloat. Its a good fix for pms bloat. I never got a rash but I only used it for a day or two.

I agree with Lao's exercise suggestions. I would also add a resistance bike to the mix. They are easy to do HIIT on or just ride. I don't know what your fitness level is so I can't give you advice. But whatever tension and speeds makes you feel challanged give it a good 20-30 mins at least daily.

Any workout that uses a lot of leg work and gets your heart rate up are going to be good calorie burners. Go at the level you can stick to and as you progress you can add more intensity or time.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:01 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,707,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
you start burning fat when your body uses more energy than the food you consume provides it. there is no magic number of minutes of cardio where you start burning fat.

Agreed. If you are on a reduced calorie diet you are always burning fat and some muscle no matter what you are doing. You can try to combat muscle loss with exercise.

You may find interesting reading if you google: fat burning low intensity high intensity

Google for the HIIT too on fat burning. Its an interesting read.

But basically say your weight needs 2000 calories to stay where its at. If you woke up today and said you were going on a reduced calorie diet and dropped your calories to 1200-1500 just going about your day will result in weight loss. That is until you are at a weight where the 1200-1500 calories are what you need to maintain your new lower weight. If you workout it may go at a more steady pace and leave you with leaner,firmer results though.

So its all about what you find liveable.

I think its easiest to do a little dietary control and a little activity mixed.
But if I don't feel like being active I adjust my calories to that activity level to avoid gains.

Good luck.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:14 AM

5,816 posts, read 15,907,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
In addition to the quoted info, when it comes to the topic of this thread it's also important to realize that exercise, nutrition, calories in, calories out, etc., is all that counts. Wearing some device or clothing that's supposed to make you sweat won't enhance the fat loss you get from the proper mix of exercise and good nutrition.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:25 PM

2 posts, read 4,252 times
Yes !! Sweating belt helps for loosing tummy weight, when you do some exercise or do physical work with wearing of sweating belt like hot shaper belt or any other belt then it increases body temperature specially from fat area and seat tummy.

Old 05-18-2017, 05:54 PM

24,094 posts, read 32,431,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeve09 View Post
by reducing your body fat it cant reduce your breast.
WRONG. Breast tissue (other than milk ducts etc.) is FAT. It is no different from any other fat.

There is one notable difference - women tend to lose weight from the face down. So after excessive facial and neck weight is lost, the next area would be the chest - or breasts.

To the dismay of many women, the hips and thighs are last. This is why dieting women often complain of a haggard look, and why some women stop reducing altogether.

Losing volume in one's face and breasts is not generally the first goal of any weight reduction plan.

From what I read, after a goal or plateau weight is achieved, the weight begins to redistribute itself.

I read this quite a while ago while working in the office of a bariatric physician. From what I have observed, it seems to ring true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness