U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-26-2012, 11:56 AM

414 posts, read 536,854 times

Advertisements

This article tested the American Pure Whey protein brand and another brand for comparison.
Heres the link.
American Pure Whey is American Pure **** : Fitness
I think I wasted my money on this crap.

Last edited by Mister Miaugie; 05-26-2012 at 12:37 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 01:20 PM

2,300 posts, read 1,566,734 times
What'd you expect? The FDA doesn't regulate supplements and vitamins. The analytical labs supplement makers send their products to in order to be "verified" are often a complete joke and many are in cahoots with the manufacturers themselves. Who knows what you are really getting when you buy and take vitamins and supplements. Personally, I'd never use any vitamins, protein supplements, or any product in capsule or powdered form that isn't by prescription. It's nothing more than modern day snake oil sales.

Old 05-26-2012, 02:34 PM

14,534 posts, read 13,124,042 times
I get my protein from meat

Old 05-26-2012, 06:11 PM

2,118 posts, read 2,670,500 times
The worse is tastes the better it is.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:55 PM

414 posts, read 536,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommodonahue View Post
The worse is tastes the better it is.
I guess your right, this stuff taste REALLY good, even in water.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:04 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,725,800 times
That's actually pretty interesting...doesn't seem like there was really much oversight before into the protein powder market. Good place for scammers. The guy is now testing all sorts of different brands, people are mailing him samples and he's testing their protein content.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:48 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,725,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Miaugie View Post
This article tested the American Pure Whey protein brand and another brand for comparison.
Heres the link.
American Pure Whey is American Pure **** : Fitness
I think I wasted my money on this crap.
The "article" you linked to was a blog.

I wouldn't trust that website as reliable "news".

American Pure Whey posted the results of an analysis of their product on their website:

private labeling | whey isolate | us whey | whey protein | cheap protein powder

http://www.americanpurewhey.com/down...x_lot_4026.pdf

http://www.americanpurewhey.com/down..._chocolate.pdf

I'd sooner trust research reports from a senior chemist at ANRESCO labs than I would some "blog" where the person performing the so called "lab tests" is also cursing like a drunken sailor.

See this website:

http://anresco.com/

Old 05-30-2012, 09:01 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,110,948 times
Protein powder is not necessary unless you have some sort of deficiency. The body can only process so much protein assuming you are getting enough. The supplement industry particular protein powders are just a big racket.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:54 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,725,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
The "article" you linked to was a blog.

I wouldn't trust that website as reliable "news".

American Pure Whey posted the results of an analysis of their product on their website:

private labeling | whey isolate | us whey | whey protein | cheap protein powder

http://www.americanpurewhey.com/down...x_lot_4026.pdf

http://www.americanpurewhey.com/down..._chocolate.pdf

I'd sooner trust research reports from a senior chemist at ANRESCO labs than I would some "blog" where the person performing the so called "lab tests" is also cursing like a drunken sailor.

See this website:

Anresco Laboratories – Analysis, Research & Consulting
The company posted a scientific review from a site with the same IP as theirs. When the guy started poking around suddenly the 'scientific' review site disappeared completely. It looks pretty shady to me, check it out for yourself.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:19 PM

894 posts, read 435,418 times
I could have got you all the pure whey you ever wanted. Used to make it at the cheese factory I worked at.We sold it after it was dried to a hog food producer............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness