Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 04:00 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,427,328 times

Advertisements

Definitely not attractive, I don't see how someone could say otherwise.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:02 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,277,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
She just needs to hide the stomach - which really does look undesirable - and disrobe after making a real connection with a man rather than jumping in the sack willy nilly. In addition to the bad stomach she has an undesirable hip to waist ratio. It's all about camouflage. In the end she is better off at this lower weight, extra skin or not.

She looks like she works her ab muscles a lot, and has a thicker waist.

I have lost a ton of weight, and I have stretch marks everywhere, even on my legs. But I also have muscles, and I wouldn't trade for anything in the world. This woman worked hard to lose the weight, and now she "should" hide her stomach? After all of that work? For you?

Most of us don't have blemish free skin, especially once we reach a certain age.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:17 PM

254 posts, read 341,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
Definitely not attractive, I don't see how someone could say otherwise.
Would you care to elaborate on why it is you feel this way? Would you be the person who told that person to look into a tummy tuck? I'm just trying to get to the root of your thought process here...

Old 07-27-2012, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwblake View Post
Great question for debate! Although I am married, I was single at one time and I can tell you that the person with the pic on the right would get my attention before the one on the left. However, it would all come down to personality and how much we had in common as to rather or not the relationship continued. I am fit and very active so she would have to be someone who could keep up, make me laugh, and was great in bed. Stretch marks don't show up that much when the lights are down low and I would respect her greatly for the effort she made to lose the weight to begin with!
Thank you for this in depth answer! As long as she's into fitness and trying hard to stay active, has a killer personality and so on, it's not something that bothers you. Kudos to you

Old 07-27-2012, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
She looks like she works her ab muscles a lot, and has a thicker waist.

I have lost a ton of weight, and I have stretch marks everywhere, even on my legs. But I also have muscles, and I wouldn't trade for anything in the world. This woman worked hard to lose the weight, and now she "should" hide her stomach? After all of that work? For you?

Most of us don't have blemish free skin, especially once we reach a certain age.
I asked her the same thing. I don't think she's coming back to elaborate. Lol

But I agree. Have some rep points lol

Old 07-27-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby1925 View Post
I don't care at all if a woman has stretch marks or not. The fact that they are into fitness and dedicated into staying in shape is more than enough for me.
Thank you for sharing Gatsby!

Old 07-27-2012, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloimage View Post
I have stretch marks on the side of my stomach too, they are very minimal but I hate them.
I had them when I lost so much weight in a short period of time over a decade ago, I lost like 23 lbs.
My partners never complained but it makes me feel uncomfortable. I am insecure about it. But I can imagine men being grossed out about it since men are visual beings. They are all about being pleased visually then they consider personality etcera.
You're not the only one. Mine from having my son look horrible. I have to tan to make them look faded, and I'm saving up for the tuck surgery. But that's something I'm doing to make ME happy and less self conscience.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:38 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,183,689 times
Doesn't matter. In fact, it shows motivation on the woman's part to lose weight, just adding points to her.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:52 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
I guess I'm the oddball because I see just as many men with strech marks as I do women.
I see stretch marks on men's arms,belly,and backs.
I might add they show them off too. I don't see them trying to hide it.
Men have high self esteem that's for sure,so I have to give them credit.

Old 07-28-2012, 12:44 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,872,184 times
I didn't read through all of the posts. I just wanted to mention that it's not always overweight people who have stretch marks. I had a slender and gorgeous friend who had horrible stretch marks on her butt and thighs. She had never been overweight, it just happened when she went through puberty.

I think if you reach your weight loss goal, since you have a child, potential boyfriends would probably assume that the stretch marks came from the pregnancy. You wouldn't even have to tell them about the weight loss if you didn't want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness