Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 11:51 PM

23,221 posts, read 29,044,905 times

Advertisements

I have exercise equipment in my house, which doesn't sit gathering dust, and if it wasn't there, it would take a tow truck to get me to go to a gym and exercise!

Exercising goes against the laws of nature, that's why it's so hard to exercise!

Back in the cave days, your only exercise was going to gather something to eat! Once caught, you sat on your behind and awaited the next hunger pains! Inbetween, would you see them jogging thru the jungles, doing chin-up/sit-ups, jumping, using a vine for a rope?

I love using my stair-climber at home, where I can pop in a favorite DVD/TV program, and watch that while exercising!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 10:43 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,208,786 times
yeah, 15 minutes is not enough. i try to go 4-6 days a week for an hour to an hour and a half. get an mp3 player, it definitely helps. if you're the social type, then get a workout partner. i've been going since early september and i have lost 20 pounds. my shirtsleeves are tighter which means my arms have bulked up a little. it hasn't exactly changed my life, but i am usually in a better mood and have more energy so change is bound to happen soon. don't just hit up the gym either, try running or cycling a couple days of week. during the summer months, utilize your pool or a municipal pool. if you diversify, you are less likely to lose motivation or get bored. another good source of motivation for me is checking out the good looking females walking around the gym. it helps to have a nice view while you workout.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:15 PM

515 posts, read 1,004,699 times
15 minutes? Just do hill sprints; sprint up a hill, walk back down, rest until recovered, cry, repeat 3-9 times, fall down on ground, crawl home.

2-3 times a week, less than 15 minutes for the total workout including warm up and cool down and you'll look great.

I'm being completely serious

Old 11-28-2012, 07:57 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,369,154 times

Old 11-28-2012, 10:33 PM

808 posts, read 1,678,937 times
Don't be that guy who oogles the women and makes them feel uncomfortable. Seriously, don't be that guy.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:00 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,369,154 times
Nope, not that guy. But, there must be something wrong with any man that doesn't want to work out around beautiful women. Different things for different people, I guess.

Even in the olympic lifting club, where I speak two or three words during training (Yes and okay), there are amazing women lifting there. I don't "oogle", but there is that extra motivation to keep pushing when they are.

(It was mostly sarcasm, but I wouldn't expect you to get that)

Old 11-29-2012, 11:40 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I have exercise equipment in my house, which doesn't sit gathering dust, and if it wasn't there, it would take a tow truck to get me to go to a gym and exercise!

Exercising goes against the laws of nature, that's why it's so hard to exercise!

Back in the cave days, your only exercise was going to gather something to eat! Once caught, you sat on your behind and awaited the next hunger pains! Inbetween, would you see them jogging thru the jungles, doing chin-up/sit-ups, jumping, using a vine for a rope?

I love using my stair-climber at home, where I can pop in a favorite DVD/TV program, and watch that while exercising!
Haha - I don't think exercise goes against the law of nature! I think it goes against the law of nature to sit on your behind all day watching TV. In cave days it took a lot of effort to hunt, gather, and just survive. I seriously doubt they were sitting around all day. They were constantly doing - making tools, clothes, etc. Now it's possible to live our lives while barely moving. I think our bodies are made to move!

Old 12-01-2012, 07:15 PM

559 posts, read 1,395,021 times
Plan what you'll do before you get to the gym. Write down what exercises you want to do and how many sets and reps for every exercise. If you need help deciding on a routine get a book like New Rules of Lifting that gives you routines.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:45 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,389 times
If you're married, I understand why you're not motivated. Married guys have no real incentive to stay in-shape other than to look halfway decent for one woman.

Old 12-02-2012, 06:45 PM

7,182 posts, read 9,231,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
If you're married, I understand why you're not motivated. Married guys have no real incentive to stay in-shape other than to look halfway decent for one woman.
I've heard the same about married women. While that may be true for a small percentage I doubt it is true for the majority. The best reason to get/stay in shape is YOU will feel better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness