Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 08:06 AM

1,140 posts, read 1,295,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I'd be annoyed if I wanted to use the squat rack and you were chatting away on your phone, yes....particularly since at my gym, that's against the rules. I would politely ask you if I could work in and if you refused, I'd complain to management. Sorry, but that's just how it is. We all pay for the gym, we all get to use it. That doesn't give you the right to block an entire piece of equipment for as long as you see fit. It's rude.
Unacceptable. Who are you to tell me I can't work out where I feel most comfortable? If I want to bring over the excercise bike and do my workout in the squat rack, who are you to infringe against my rights? I don't feel comfortable anywhere in the gym but the squat rack. If I do push ups and ab work inside the squat rack, why do you feel like you need to infringe on my right to work out with impunity? I'm a paying member. Am I not allowed to rest? Do you really think it should be against the rules to bring a bench inside the squat rack and rest inbetween sets, for 5 minutes, while I talk on the phone? What is the problem with that? Why is it your right to tell me how long I can rest and what I can do when I'm resting? Sometimes, I do an entire P90X workout inside the squat rack. Why are you so angry about how I choose to workout? I feel so comfortable in the squat rack that I even brought one to work, and I put my chair inside the squat rack. At home, I sleep inside the squat rack. In fact, there are very few things in my life I do that don't involve a squat rack. Why are you so mad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 12:33 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,781,743 times
We have 4 squat racks at my weight lifting gym. They are used not only for squats, but for bench presses and oly lifts....depending on what's the work out of the day. They are in constant use. I've even seen people doing their dynamic warm-ups, and abs or back circuit in them cuz when the gym is packed, every usable floor space is taken. No one is hogging them. You get in, get it done, and move on. It's really no big deal.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:14 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,120,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
Unacceptable. Who are you to tell me I can't work out where I feel most comfortable? If I want to bring over the excercise bike and do my workout in the squat rack, who are you to infringe against my rights?
You sound like so much fun! I love people who do random, useless things just because and don't care about other people's polite desire to share limited resources. Pass me a beer, would ya?

Old 06-27-2013, 09:21 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,781,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
I feel so comfortable in the squat rack that I even brought one to work, and I put my chair inside the squat rack. At home, I sleep inside the squat rack. In fact, there are very few things in my life I do that don't involve a squat rack. Why are you so mad?
ROTFLOL! Love your humor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness