Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 09:02 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,923,831 times

Advertisements

I am a very low-carb eater due to blood sugar issues. I work out varied times of the day and night but never eat significantly before doing so. As long as I am generally well hydrated, I don't need an extra "boost" of anything to power my workouts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 11:38 AM

178 posts, read 354,168 times
I prefer to go for any exercise with nothing in stomach, because it will help you consume less calories. how? well it is a fact that we need something to drink or eat after workout, so if you eat something before workout then it will not only make you feel puking but will also increase your calorie intake. So avoid eating before going for workout or exrcise.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:06 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,616,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
My schedule varies and I work out at different times, depending on the day.

Today I worked out mid morning. For breakfast I'd had an egg white omelet with some veggies. Generally I do best, hunger wise, if I have few to no carbs at breakfast time. I do eat some carbs at lunch and dinner.

I just felt like I was really dragging. Do you think adding in a few carbs would be helpful at breakfast time, or do you think it is unrelated?
Carbs are necesarry for energy, of course moderation is the key, I personally train twice a day about half the time but I do the toughest part of my workout for in the morning before I go to work and I eat a full breakfast before iI head to the . It is not my ideal plan but I can't afford to wait too long after breakfast togo to the gym because I only have a little over an hour to do my morning session before I have to go to work. So far it has worked for me and my morning workout is far better than the afternoon one.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:08 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,800,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
My schedule varies and I work out at different times, depending on the day.

Today I worked out mid morning. For breakfast I'd had an egg white omelet with some veggies. Generally I do best, hunger wise, if I have few to no carbs at breakfast time. I do eat some carbs at lunch and dinner.

I just felt like I was really dragging. Do you think adding in a few carbs would be helpful at breakfast time, or do you think it is unrelated?

You left a lot to be desired. What kind of workout we doing?

Basically though, you don't want to eat a lot before working out. Eat lite an hour before the workout cereal bar or CHO beverage should do the trick. The glucose polymers will rabidly absorb.

Avoid fiber before the workout.

Every person is an individual, perhaps you want a little something in your stomach, perhaps a liquid source is best for you.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:17 PM

19,963 posts, read 30,059,445 times
I eat protein, some lean steaks, or lean pork cutlets, or bnls chicken breast

Old 02-24-2013, 06:30 PM

315 posts, read 381,462 times
I usually drink 10oz. Protein shake with a half of orange or other piece of fruit 45 mins to an hour before working out. in the middle of my workout, sometimes i'll have the other half orange depending on the intensity of my workouts. Afterwards, I'll finish the rest of my protein shake. I use to be able to workout on an empty stomach, but not anymore. I've noticed my energy level increased when I had something light in my system and keeps my blood sugar from dipping too low during workouts.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:26 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,597,922 times
I like to have an orange 20-30 minutes before cardio. Afterwards, I have a glass of chocolate milk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness