Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 08:10 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,008,271 times

Advertisements

2 things come to mind, when the gym is crowded, people hog cardio equipment when they are supposed to limit their time. The other is wiping down surfaces after using a machine...some people forget.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 08:33 AM

4,187 posts, read 3,718,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I had a woman Stare at me for 2 whole minutes today at the gym .

There is nothing attractive in me that warrants that much looking. In my mind, No Abs or tough muscle = No reason for looking.
That would considered a compliment in my book. Regardless of how I think I look if someone else finds me attractive look all you want

Old 01-28-2014, 09:23 AM

10,290 posts, read 10,535,010 times
I had noticed/heard this guy grunting extremely loudly while using a bench press machine. I'm at the gym the other day at closing time when I notice him jump on this machine that I was about to use. He does 2-3 sets while grunting so loudly that my wife, who was running on a treadmill across the gym, heard him. He got off the machine, leaving the plates on and left the gym. I walked over to use it and there was so much sweat from his head on the bench that it looked like he had emptied a water bottle where his head was. I was livid and ran out of the gym to confront him. On the way, I ran into the attendent was coming back to announce the gym was closing in a few minutes. I told her what happened and she wanted to see it. She was disgusted and when I started to get some paper towels to clean it, she wouldn't let and said the janitors would use rubber gloves and disinfectant to clean it.

Old 01-28-2014, 11:51 PM

361 posts, read 722,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
. The other is wiping down surfaces after using a machine...some people forget.
Do you think it makes any difference?
I don't wipe. Firstly because I rarely sweat, secondly I always wash my hands on my way out. I really don't think those wipes clean much anyway.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:11 AM

1,965 posts, read 6,796,756 times
I am more worried about the chemicals in the wipes. I just dry the machine with my towel when I am done (if there is any sweat). I don't wipe before using a machine, just don't touch your face with your hands and wash after you are done with the work-out.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:57 AM

4,187 posts, read 3,718,415 times
Wiping off the machine is more of being respectful to others at the gym regardless if you leave a sweat mark or not. There are many times I do not sweat but I still walk over and get a wipe and wipe down the equipment because its the right thing to do. It drives me nuts when people do not take the extra minute to wipe down the equipment... they are the ones that get the "scum bag" label if I see them again.

Now what I dont get is when I see someone wipe down the equipment with someone waiting to use it after them and then the next person gets on and wipes it down again, seems very redundant to me. They may be germaphobes but wiping down your own germs is common courtesy.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:55 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,614,598 times
The guys who use the squat machine to do shoulder press.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:32 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,008,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamboyante View Post
Do you think it makes any difference?
I don't wipe. Firstly because I rarely sweat, secondly I always wash my hands on my way out. I really don't think those wipes clean much anyway.
Apparently the gym thinks so because they expect you to spray and wipe. I don't have any idea what is in the spray they provide.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:33 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,980,514 times
I hate when people wipe down the equipment BEFORE getting on, but not AFTER they're finished.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:11 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,211,810 times
Some annoying types on that list. Didn't see that many in the early 1970s. For one thing, there were separate areas for males and females. After 1974, I did all my training at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness