Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 03:30 PM

145 posts, read 357,078 times

Advertisements

Anyone ever seen the show? Just started watching it. Really good.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 10:08 AM

515 posts, read 1,000,614 times
I love this show because it displays how skinny people say "I eat SO MUCH" and then they're shown how little they eat and vice versa for the overweight people, "I don't know where it all comes from; I eat pretty healthy and not that much."

Old 04-21-2013, 04:19 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,152,834 times
I really love this show and watch it on youtube all the time. It's a strange concept but once you start watching it makes sense and ends up working for a lot of those folks (hopefully). Some of it is a bit upsetting but at least they make some progress.

Old 04-21-2013, 10:11 PM

145 posts, read 357,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw36 View Post
I really love this show and watch it on youtube all the time. It's a strange concept but once you start watching it makes sense and ends up working for a lot of those folks (hopefully). Some of it is a bit upsetting but at least they make some progress.

What they don't mention on the show is that these people are suffering from eating disorders. What I always wondered is about the possibility that the participant eats the other person's food and ends up eating that way which turns out to the opposite eating disorder they came with.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:55 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,703,964 times
I really like this show. It shows you a lot, depending on the participants. Some skinny people have terrible eating habits (no veggies). Some people eat well. Some people have eating disorders. Usually both people learn something important.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:48 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,398,032 times
This looks to be a interesting show.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:13 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,671,606 times
Its a good show. I think it really displays too how people think some have fast metabolisms because they see them a few minutes out of the day just eating chocolate or whatever junk food is their preference. Its really neat to see them follow up and show how their health improved visually. The close up shots of the "befores" of how the body is being damaged by poor diet is also interesting.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:22 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,209,983 times
I love this show, but does anyone else think that the 'skinny' women they show pretty much have the bodies that most aspire to?? I feel like maybe my brain has been warped by the mainstream ideal too much, because to me the majority of them look pretty good, not grossly skeletally thin, just very slim. I mean it's refreshing that they're showing that it can be unhealthy...but also some of them eat more than I do, and yet I don't look anywhere near that slim...I know it's the wrong message to be taking from the show, lol, but I can't help but be slightly envious of some of their bodies..

Old 04-23-2013, 06:16 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,671,606 times
Not during sickly phase. Staving just makes you skinny fat with dull blotchy skin and crappy hair. Pass. I notice details greatly though from getting in shape myself and helping others in IRL. Healthy and slim has a sparkle that plain old skinny just doesn't have.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:50 AM

458 posts, read 1,241,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCookie View Post
I love this show, but does anyone else think that the 'skinny' women they show pretty much have the bodies that most aspire to?? I feel like maybe my brain has been warped by the mainstream ideal too much, because to me the majority of them look pretty good, not grossly skeletally thin, just very slim. I mean it's refreshing that they're showing that it can be unhealthy...but also some of them eat more than I do, and yet I don't look anywhere near that slim...I know it's the wrong message to be taking from the show, lol, but I can't help but be slightly envious of some of their bodies..
Are you nuts? The woman in the video weighed under 80 lbs. That's disgusting you only find that "slim". It's not slim, it's dangerously underweight. Your brain is definitely warped by unnatural expectations portrayed by the media. I HIGHLY doubt any of them eat more than you do. You are just not being honest with yourself. Be honest and count your calories, you might surprise yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness