Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 12:41 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,879,689 times

Advertisements

What about outdoor work outs? There is nothing like a run in the sun with the ipod to boost endorphins (cardio & vitamin D).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 01:34 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,123,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
If you think workouts are meant to be fun ... then you're probably not working out hard enough.
I don't recall thinking they should be like a trip to Disneyland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudetypist View Post
You should mix in some compound exercises. Squats, deadlifts, or even bench pressing. I think females can tone up nicely if they mix in some of these core exercises.
I already do those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
What about outdoor work outs? There is nothing like a run in the sun with the ipod to boost endorphins (cardio & vitamin D).
The weather here is so rarely nice enough to do that and when it is, the pollen in the air aggravates my allergies and makes it hard to breathe. I don't run well to begin with but the only way I can last a mile is if I run on a treadmill away from Dallas's disgusting polluted pollen-y air.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:54 PM
JL

8,514 posts, read 14,473,862 times
even if you're not a good dancer, you can do moves from youtube dance videos...whole point is getting into shape...i like this vid...just doing the moves individually is good enough...who cares if you don't get it right...being challenged and getting a workout is what it is all about...hey, you might learn something and find out you're actually a decent dancer too...get together with some workout buddies if you have to or even do it yourself...this video is a really good cardio workout...

100% (2PM) - I'll Be Back (dance practice) DVhd - YouTube

Last edited by JL; 06-29-2013 at 11:25 PM..

Old 06-30-2013, 12:15 AM

1,871 posts, read 2,088,231 times
To the OP any chance you could afford to get a one on one session with a personal trainer? You could let him/her know what you have been doing and ask if he/she would be willing to help you get a new routine. Good luck.

Charlie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness