Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 03:25 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,045,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzile View Post
I absolutely guarantee that women don't tie their shoes for your benefit. Are you listening to yourself?
....and you know this for a fact how?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2016, 08:33 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,735,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
wow...calm down.

Yes, a woman's clothes SHOULD NOT be an invitation for one to interpret any message from them, but SOME women do tend to dress just to get "attention" from the opposite sex. Like this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXiSVQZLje8
I actually thought what she wrote was great.

As a matter of fact, I was having a discussion with a group friends the other day where this came up, and the girls were saying that they often dress to impress other women (aka their peers), rather than to get attention from the opposite sex. Dressing sexy also just makes them feel good, it's not necessarily about trying to attract a member of the opposite sex.

Also, think about it, every time you wear a tank top at the gym, are you always thinking about it in terms of trying to impress the ladies? I certainly don't, but I enjoy admiring myself and seeing the work I'm putting in. It's kind of extra motivation when you can see that visible pump. Actually, now that I think about it, it'd be more of a boost to my ego to impress other bros. So that explanation that I got from the women in that discussion totally makes sense to me.

Also, it just feels good to look good! I'm happily engaged, I'm not trying to get extra attention. Why would it be different for women?

Edit: That video has no applicability here whatsoever. The context of the situation in which one is dressing "sexy" makes a difference.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:11 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
Because they like to tease and know men will gawk over them.

So they dress real cute in tight outfits and then put the headphones on which makes it near impossible to talk to them. Not to mention the phone texting/snapchatting/ CD posting or whatever else presumes in the virtual realm.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:15 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK508 View Post
I actually thought what she wrote was great.

As a matter of fact, I was having a discussion with a group friends the other day where this came up, and the girls were saying that they often dress to impress other women (aka their peers), rather than to get attention from the opposite sex. Dressing sexy also just makes them feel good, it's not necessarily about trying to attract a member of the opposite sex.

Also, think about it, every time you wear a tank top at the gym, are you always thinking about it in terms of trying to impress the ladies? I certainly don't, but I enjoy admiring myself and seeing the work I'm putting in. It's kind of extra motivation when you can see that visible pump. Actually, now that I think about it, it'd be more of a boost to my ego to impress other bros. So that explanation that I got from the women in that discussion totally makes sense to me.

Also, it just feels good to look good! I'm happily engaged, I'm not trying to get extra attention. Why would it be different for women?

Edit: That video has no applicability here whatsoever. The context of the situation in which one is dressing "sexy" makes a difference.
I wear the tank top for comfort, but ALSO to impress the ladies.

I like it when they are checking me out.

The difference is usually I don't have the headphones in as I like to talk to people and enjoy the social interaction.

Not entirely reclusive in my own world.

I actually love the attention from the ladies, and if they're around me working out it just makes me push that much harder.

Love it! Pretty girls are an amazing motivating force for men.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:24 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,114,048 times
For myself, I just wear items that a) are comfortable during a long run; b) are light and airy, c) enhance performance.

So wearing tight-fitting clothing can achieve most of those goals; and yeah perhaps a touch of vanity can be thrown in for good measure. But I certainly don't wear such things for the benefit of others. Although that doesn't stop them thinking whatever thoughts should cross their minds. I really couldn't care less.

Old 11-06-2016, 10:19 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,587,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
wow...calm down.

Yes, a woman's clothes SHOULD NOT be an invitation for one to interpret any message from them, but SOME women do tend to dress just to get "attention" from the opposite sex. Like this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXiSVQZLje8

That's a skinny little booty next to a chick with a BIG OLE butt.

Old 06-19-2017, 11:15 PM

1 posts, read 609 times
This is discussion is kinda offending for most of the women since attire like that is definitely common. Maybe we can just ignore these men's and just do what we want to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness