Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 11:03 AM

708 posts, read 878,800 times

Advertisements

All I can surmise about her at this point is that she takes a pretty picture. I'd guess that some of the people characterized as "haters" on the net are simply skeptics.

I don't know enough about her to know if the image she is selling of herself is true or not. I don't know why that unless one wholeheartedly supports someone like Kang, they are a hater.

I never quite bought what Lance Armstrong was selling, but a lot of people did. You can say the same about many figures that are involved in sports and fitness...they aren't quite as clean as they would like us to believe. Doesn't she do paleo...there are plenty of quacks in the paleo community.

Now I'm not saying she is a fraud...I just wouldn't run out tomorrow and buy whatever product she was selling simply based on a poster or her website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 12:37 PM

204 posts, read 309,769 times
It could have been said better, but it's true. Women hide behind a lot of excuse with fitness and men do it too.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:04 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,535 times
When I first heard about this and read all the flack this woman got I was 100% on her side but after thinking about it more I agree with those that say her choice of words was very poor. The word "excuse" immediately gets people on the defensive.

Still though, she is right. People make way too many excuses and are way too quick to just give up and say"I'm too busy I have bad genetics I'll always be this way!!!!!!!!!!!!" and simply refuse to look at the parts of their life they can control like diet and activity level. It's also OK for people to make comments towards Ms. Kang like "she needs to eat something" or "she's genetically that way she didn't have to work hard" or "skinny b&*^%$ are for perverts real men like curves" yet they want to bash her because their "feelings" got hurt.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:18 AM

2,916 posts, read 3,000,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beera View Post
These supporters, I wonder how "fit" they are.

My mom's friend is married to a guy who insists she look perfect all the time. When she was pregnant both times he told her "you better lose that weight" while he himself was older, fatter, and balding and not even good looking IMO! Drove me insane growing up. Now I don't even bother being around them.

Bingo!

If a guy is really fit (six/eight pack abs, great cardiovascular condition etc.), he should look for a woman whose fitness level compliments his own....I understand that. But most dudes aren't like that, yet freak out if a woman gains a few pounds. People today act as if fitness model-looking women are normal. Nothing wrong with that type of woman, but it's the equivalent of a v-shaped, 20-inch biceps, six pack abs dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness