Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2014, 10:15 AM

1,554 posts, read 1,904,819 times

Advertisements

Yes. Chivalry is dead and feminists/feminazis KILLED it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2014, 10:16 AM

1,554 posts, read 1,904,819 times
Yes

Old 10-06-2014, 06:51 AM

245 posts, read 304,427 times
she'd have to have had hundreds of hours of very small class( max of 4 students) spread out over a year, so her body could grow with the training, under a very skiled and motivated instructor. That is so rare a circumstance that the answer, in general is a resounding no.

Old 10-06-2014, 06:57 AM

245 posts, read 304,427 times
I was an MP. The method that the Army used for "selecting" us was to throw all the troops (not chosen by other fields), into a big hole, about chest deep. The ones who could get out of the hole, they made cooks. the ones who could not, they made into MP's.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:59 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garvan View Post
I was an MP. The method that the Army used for "selecting" us was to throw all the troops (not chosen by other fields), into a big hole, about chest deep. The ones who could get out of the hole, they made cooks. the ones who could not, they made into MP's.
So, what was inside the hole that tempted you to jump out. A snake of some sort.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:37 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garvan View Post
What nation's army does that? Most with volunteer forces allow you to choose your path upon enlisting. Israel does many test before assigning draftees to their combat yet there is no tough guy contest.

Old 10-06-2014, 01:38 PM

73 posts, read 123,736 times
This is a no brainer. I can only imagine the OP was trolling and got what he/she wanted. I have been around the fight game for years. I was an amatuer then later a cut man, corner man, trainer etc. I have trained men and women and loved training them both for different reasons.

Of course if a woman is highly trained - and I don't mean a cardio Kick Boxing, but I mean a professional fighter who is strong and trained - can beat up a small and weak man who does not know how to fight. But, that is like catching a Unicorn riding a lightning bolt.

Even a guy who can fight a little - meaning at the least semi athletic, semi fit, and can throw a punch - is going to beat up 99% of women in a fight. I mean fighting a girl is a bad idea, always and I dont like wife beaters...but since you guys asked.

From muscle, strength, explosiveness, bone density (weight of punches plus density of skull and jaw bones) the man is just more naturally built for that physical confrontation.

Same for men .. remember we have weight classes for a reason. Even a small size advantage in weight/strength can make a good fighter lose to an average fighter. Even to equally skilled fighters, once all else is equal, size and strength win.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:48 AM

43,659 posts, read 44,385,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_96 View Post
Do you think female marines, policewomen, FBI agents, etc. could take on the average man? Are they trained for that?
Some could and some couldn't!

Old 10-24-2014, 12:28 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,317,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Biscuits View Post
This is a no brainer. I can only imagine the OP was trolling and got what he/she wanted. I have been around the fight game for years. I was an amatuer then later a cut man, corner man, trainer etc. I have trained men and women and loved training them both for different reasons.

Of course if a woman is highly trained - and I don't mean a cardio Kick Boxing, but I mean a professional fighter who is strong and trained - can beat up a small and weak man who does not know how to fight. But, that is like catching a Unicorn riding a lightning bolt.

Even a guy who can fight a little - meaning at the least semi athletic, semi fit, and can throw a punch - is going to beat up 99% of women in a fight. I mean fighting a girl is a bad idea, always and I dont like wife beaters...but since you guys asked.

From muscle, strength, explosiveness, bone density (weight of punches plus density of skull and jaw bones) the man is just more naturally built for that physical confrontation.

Same for men .. remember we have weight classes for a reason. Even a small size advantage in weight/strength can make a good fighter lose to an average fighter. Even to equally skilled fighters, once all else is equal, size and strength win.
Good post. I am an avid fight fan and enjoy watching combat sports.

But that whole scenario where all things are equal: how often does that happen? When you match two people of seemingly equal skill but of different size, I'd presume small differences would still exist that could potentially sway a fight: quickness, speed, timing, agility, adaptability, etc. If size were the main determinant, you could just pick the winner based on the Tale of the Tape.

Old 10-24-2014, 01:10 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,915,269 times
Average construction worker, probably not. Average office worker/couch potato: No problem. Of course, the size mismatch would have to be factored in. If some guy is pretty young, healthy and 250 lbs. Any average size women in these professions is going to have a problem taking them down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness