Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 03:52 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,357,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
This is the biggest bunch a malarkey that Ive ever heard. Its EASY to control what you eat. People just don't want to and start blaming it on ridiculously stupid things like "Oh, I have depression so I eat" or "My depression meds make me crave food". I say B. friggin' S.!!! Stop buying horrible food. Stop eating horrible food. Just STOP. I did it. Bacon tastes delicious. Cake is delicious. Bread with butter spread is delicious. I stopped eating all of this crap because IT IS BAD FOR ME. Just like that I stopped. I didn't blame my "depression" for anything. If you ate right, exercised, and cut out all the horrible crap you eat out of your diet you will not have depression. I always get so disgusted when people continue to eat crap they know they shouldn't eat, then blame it on depression or depression meds. Stupid. Its EASY to control what you eat. Just lean what it healthy and eat that. No one handcuffs you, strap you in a chair and force feed you crappy food. YOU DO!! Just stop eating it.
You're not entirely incorrect, but the stance you take is pretty simplistic and unkind. Good for you that you overcame it on your own. Some people can do that with drugs or cigs or alcohol too and others need more help. You're expressing an awful lot of anger and cynicism for someone who is a pillar of of self control.

BTW: I'm not overweight and never really have been just in case the 'YOU' in question is me. Oh and I eat lots of bacon too. Not too big on cake though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 07:00 PM

4,535 posts, read 5,345,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post
Good for you that you overcame it on your own. Some people can do that with drugs or cigs or alcohol too and others need more help. You're expressing an awful lot of anger and cynicism for someone who is a pillar of of self control.

BTW: I'm not overweight and never really have been just in case the 'YOU' in question is me. Oh and I eat lots of bacon too. Not too big on cake though.
Its more DISGUST than anger or cynicism. You see, I am a coach/trainer and almost every single person who comes to me (majority of which are by referrals from others I train(ed)) all use that same lame excuse because its easy, convenient, and not usually challenged or questioned by people.......that is, until they meet me. Its just lame.

Oh, BTW, I have been training people for 20 years and have an incredible success rate because I don't put up with crap like the old "I have depression" bullcrap because often there are mental issues that go deeper than that.

Old 05-28-2014, 07:55 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,357,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Its more DISGUST than anger or cynicism. You see, I am a coach/trainer and almost every single person who comes to me (majority of which are by referrals from others I train(ed)) all use that same lame excuse because its easy, convenient, and not usually challenged or questioned by people.......that is, until they meet me. Its just lame.

Oh, BTW, I have been training people for 20 years and have an incredible success rate because I don't put up with crap like the old "I have depression" bullcrap because often there are mental issues that go deeper than that.
That's fine. Except that your written words and demeanor make your "incredible success rate" seem very UNlikely to be true in anyone's mind but your own.

Old 05-28-2014, 09:20 PM

4,535 posts, read 5,345,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post
That's fine. Except that your written words and demeanor make your "incredible success rate" seem very UNlikely to be true in anyone's mind but your own.
My methods may not come across as all kumbaya or hand holding but they work. Its more militaristic in nature than "oh, its okay, we are all okay, are you okay, love, kisses," etc. Doesn't work with fat people who are used to having enablers around them their entire lives who cajole them into early deaths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness