Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 11:14 PM

390 posts, read 821,771 times

Advertisements

Heavy barbell squatting is literally the best exercise in existence. Anyone serious about fitness should be doing them (men and women). The benefits are too great to pass up. As a woman, you probably won't get huge muscles like the girl in the first picture unless you're squatting a lot, eating a lot, and have the genetics for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 07:46 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,773,522 times
Honestly hazergore1198, the issue with bb squating that I see in my gym is that most folks do it wrong.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:56 AM

2,319 posts, read 3,038,107 times
I don't think either are attractive, but I'd shoot myself if I allowed my legs to look like the first picture. Thankfully I have long lean muscles on my legs -- they aren't going to get bulky looking like the first pic.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:45 AM

4,521 posts, read 5,317,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Any tips? Which set of legs do you think are more attractive?
The first pair of legs look more attractive. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more attractive. Not only that, its sexier, healthier, fitter, femininely muscular (i.e., not big), and just aesthetically looks way more appealing. I bet girl in first pic gets a lot more responses of "OMG that girl has some sexy legs" from men way more than the girl in the second pic. Miranda Kerr at 5' 10" tall just has a beautiful face and an "okay" (i.e., normal) body.

If you just took pics of the legs and torso and didn't show above the neck, most men IRL would absolutely say the first pic is hotter/sexier and the gal they would want to have sex with first.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:53 AM

17,453 posts, read 38,833,992 times
Well as a woman I don't care for either pic, although if I had to choose I would pick the first one. However, those are WAY too muscular for my tastes. I do work out, but I don't do "heavy squatting", I don't want to, regular dumbbell squats and walking lunges along with my regular bicycling keep my legs just the way I like them. Fortunately I am tall and have longer legs, well developed calves and thighs not too skinny or fat. I really hate the look of skinny emaciated no-muscle-at-all legs on women.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:04 AM

2,813 posts, read 5,598,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
I've been incorporating more strength training exercises in my routine to get more toned, but I don't want my legs to get that muscular. They have a good amount of muscle on them already, but I want them to be lean.

I don't want them to look like this:

Pin by ShanTay Meikle on Fitness | Pinterest

I instead want legs that look like this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-p6Z4chmDRj...egs%2Bkerr.jpg

I'm not tall, so my legs may never look like a model's, but I prefer the slender, toned look.

Any tips? Which set of legs do you think are more attractive?
As a man, in my opinion the 2nd option- the slender legs- look much more attractive.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:05 AM

4,521 posts, read 5,317,950 times
Fit is always much more attractive and sexy than just skinny. Skinny is just blech, but still highly preferable to chubby or fat.

This is a good "in between" pick from the two the OP posted although I still prefer the first pic overall from a purely physical/sexy/attractive/I want to see her naked/"I'd date her first" perspective.

Pin by Briana Wayland on Tips for a healthy life | Pinterest

But THIS one is better than them all:

My goal | Exercise/Health | Pinterest

Old 05-22-2014, 09:09 AM

28,563 posts, read 18,563,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazergore1198 View Post
Heavy barbell squatting is literally the best exercise in existence. Anyone serious about fitness should be doing them (men and women). The benefits are too great to pass up.

Second this. If you have time to do only one exercise in your life, make it heavy barbell squats. They hit practically every important muscle, especially in your core.

Quote:
As a woman, you probably won't get huge muscles like the girl in the first picture unless you're squatting a lot, eating a lot, and have the genetics for it.
I'll go even further than that. The vast majority of women you see like that don't even have the genetics naturally--they're taking steroids.

Back in the early 80s, the first few years of Ms Olympia winners looked like what we now call "fitness models" today. They were working hard as heck, but women don't naturally get that big. A normal working working extremely hard will look like a "fitness model."

It was 1984 when professional women bodybuilders started competing with steroids. The woman who won Ms Olympia that year, Cory Everson, had been "fitness model" sized the year before, then just one year later she was freaking HUGE and won the competition. Nobody, not even 19-year-old males get that big that fast naturally. It's been that way in women's bodybuilding since, and a lot of the earlier competitors dropped out because they refused to get into drugs.

Bottom line: The vast majority of women can squat hard and heavy, diet carefully, and maybe they'll look like a fitness model.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:33 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,378,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Fit is always much more attractive and sexy than just skinny. Skinny is just blech, but still highly preferable to chubby or fat.

This is a good "in between" pick from the two the OP posted although I still prefer the first pic overall from a purely physical/sexy/attractive/I want to see her naked/"I'd date her first" perspective.

Pin by Briana Wayland on Tips for a healthy life | Pinterest

But THIS one is better than them all:

My goal | Exercise/Health | Pinterest
Wow, the girl in the second photo has a great butt. Is lots of squatting all it takes to get a butt that round?

Old 05-22-2014, 10:35 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,378,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Second this. If you have time to do only one exercise in your life, make it heavy barbell squats. They hit practically every important muscle, especially in your core.

I'll go even further than that. The vast majority of women you see like that don't even have the genetics naturally--they're taking steroids.

Back in the early 80s, the first few years of Ms Olympia winners looked like what we now call "fitness models" today. They were working hard as heck, but women don't naturally get that big. A normal working working extremely hard will look like a "fitness model."

It was 1984 when professional women bodybuilders started competing with steroids. The woman who won Ms Olympia that year, Cory Everson, had been "fitness model" sized the year before, then just one year later she was freaking HUGE and won the competition. Nobody, not even 19-year-old males get that big that fast naturally. It's been that way in women's bodybuilding since, and a lot of the earlier competitors dropped out because they refused to get into drugs.

Bottom line: The vast majority of women can squat hard and heavy, diet carefully, and maybe they'll look like a fitness model.
Do you think the woman in the first photo is taking steroids?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness