Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 02:46 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,334,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
First,every one of these people are WRONG.

Its is just stretched out skin.

That is it. You cannot get rid of it but one way...tummy tuck.

Can you post pics of what you are talking about?
skin is a living tissue that stretches and retracts. Unless, one was super obese, I can see where loose skin can be a problem. I known a women who weighed 268lbs (fat gutt) and turned her tummy into a super tight sixpack with no loose skin at age 39. It just takes a lot of time/dedication with a proper diet/exercise to loose the fat and the skin to retract. It's just something most people find difficult to do. IMO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2014, 02:49 PM

4,095 posts, read 5,544,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
skin is a living tissue that stretches and retracts. Unless, one was super obese, I can see where loose skin can be a problem. I known a women who weighed 268lbs (fat gutt) and turned her tummy into a super tight sixpack with no loose skin at age 39. It just takes a lot of time/dedication with a proper diet/exercise to loose the fat and the skin to retract. It's just something most people find difficult to do. IMO
It gets tougher when you gain/lose, gain/lose and as we age our skin loses elasticity. I'm surprised my middle has tightened back up at age 62. Batwings are forever though.

Old 06-14-2014, 03:05 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
Ditto! I love shrinking. Bras are more comfy and shirts fit better. Big boobs make women look fat even if they aren't.
Some women would be thrilled just to have medium boobs.

Old 06-14-2014, 03:39 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,334,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
It gets tougher when you gain/lose, gain/lose and as we age our skin loses elasticity. I'm surprised my middle has tightened back up at age 62. Batwings are forever though.
Yes, it does get tougher as we age and the skin does loose some elasticity..but I can be done. Of course, depending on severity.

Personally, it's all aesthetics, and people shouldn't worry too much about a little flat tire. Me, I like a little flat tire; better traction

Old 06-14-2014, 04:50 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,447,848 times
I am 45 and have two children. I do not have the tire. (When I put on weight it settles on my hips and thighs.) I don't know if it's genes or the fact that I walk for exercise every day - or both.

Old 06-14-2014, 05:14 PM

600 posts, read 824,525 times
The spare tire on both males and females is residual fat deposit. Typically men hold that last amount of their fat in the love handles, so their arms and chest gets lean but there is still fat around the love handles.

Women typically their lower body is stubborn fat. I've seen women's upper bodies get lean and even their breasts shrink, but typically the lower half of their body is more stubborn in terms of fat loss.

This is just a generalization. The way to really target it is to do extreme dieting since it is the last amount of fat to be lost, or do spot specific lipo. That's about it.

Old 06-14-2014, 06:06 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,589,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscomac View Post
I am 45 and have two children. I do not have the tire. (When I put on weight it settles on my hips and thighs.) I don't know if it's genes or the fact that I walk for exercise every day - or both.
I would not call mine a spare tire since the skin below my belly button very tight and flat but the skin above my belly not as tight as it was after kids and age...

Old 06-14-2014, 07:08 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,637,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLMG View Post
The spare tire on both males and females is residual fat deposit. Typically men hold that last amount of their fat in the love handles, so their arms and chest gets lean but there is still fat around the love handles.

Women typically their lower body is stubborn fat. I've seen women's upper bodies get lean and even their breasts shrink, but typically the lower half of their body is more stubborn in terms of fat loss.

This is just a generalization. The way to really target it is to do extreme dieting since it is the last amount of fat to be lost, or do spot specific lipo. That's about it.
Those stubborn areas are stubborn because they have as much as 9x more a2 receptors then elsewhere in the body. a2 receptors act as brakes for fat loss. One way we have discovered to inhibit them is fasting. The low insulin state reached when fasted helps inhibit them, and it also increases subcutaneous blood flow in those regions which is important too. Yohimbine HCL works to inhibit them too, lots of people swear by the stuff. Have to take it when fasted though, insulin negates any effect it has and can in fact cause it to help you store more fat in those areas.

Old 06-14-2014, 07:35 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,312,500 times
Go vegan for a few weeks. Don't do that no carb thing. Petite Asian women (who live in Asia and have traditional diets) have a lot of rice and noodles in their diets. Those are carbs and they are petite. There's a flaw in America's logic in regards to carbs. Eliminate the animal fat. Nothing to do with cute fuzzy critters. Just don't eat them for a few weeks. Your body will love you for it.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:38 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,825,049 times
I am a female and have been severely underweight. Even needing to gain a lot of weight I had a lower stomach. People carry weight in different places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness