Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 12:59 PM

3,804 posts, read 9,322,191 times

Advertisements

Seriously.

I don't feel the need to invade every conversation with my biking or lifting acumen, but people I know who are into Crossfit don't just talk about it, they talk about it every time they see me as if I am dying to hear how they destroyed their joints today.

It must be really tough on Vegan Crossfitters, because I think their brains would explode as they agonize over which one to talk loudly about first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 01:05 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,678,559 times
There is a saying on BB.com. The first rule of crossfit is we never shut the f8ck up about crossfit.

Old 07-09-2014, 03:21 PM

3,822 posts, read 9,475,666 times
I usually find out if someone is a vegan or does Crossfit within 5 minutes of meeting them. Some of the people doing Tough Mudder's are running close behind. Usually just keep my mouth shut because I know that the hike or run I did the weekend before was a lot tougher. Just did not cost me anything and I'm missing a t-shirt.

Old 07-09-2014, 05:23 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,372,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfhtex View Post
I don't feel the need to invade every conversation with my biking...
But you wear a fancy little costume for it, right? How is that any different? (I don't do crossfit, BTW)

Old 07-09-2014, 05:59 PM

1,971 posts, read 3,043,969 times
Cyclists don't have that problem because people avoid talking to them in the first place.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:49 PM

877 posts, read 1,316,516 times
lol

I have heard people say that runners are obnoxious so I only talk about running with other runners

But Crossfit people are annoying. They'll shut up once the trend dies down. Once it's no longer trendy they'll move onto the next

Old 07-09-2014, 07:05 PM

451 posts, read 562,746 times
Yes, crossfitters are the most annoying and delusional of all.
Annoying because they can't ever shut the H up about doing cross fit. It's not so much annoying that they have to tell everyone they engage in cross fit, it's the fact that they feel the need to constantly remind us that they are doing it. Yes, we know! You've told us that you cross fit already. Don't need a reminder.

Delusional because they believe they are in a whole different class of "athletes" of their own and only they can do these things because they go to crossfit classes so many times per week. Listen, you're not special. Anybody with an athletic inclination can do it. Get over yourselves.

I really hate to generalize but crossfitters take the cake.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:50 PM

4,627 posts, read 4,894,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfhtex View Post
It must be really tough on Vegan Crossfitters, because I think their brains would explode as they agonize over which one to talk loudly about first.
They've got it easy.
Now Vegan crossfitting triathletes that run marathons...

Old 07-09-2014, 10:15 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
On a side note, I never understood the hate some people have for Crossfit in general. Hating on Crossfit has become 'trendy' the past few years or so.

I know there's things that are not so good about it, but that has more to do with the people and gyms, not with Crossfit in general.

I started doing CF workouts on my own 6 years ago. I'd go to my company gym and do the WOD off the main website. I think CF has done a lot of good things for the fitness community. Olympic weightlifting has never been more popular.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:56 AM

515 posts, read 1,004,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
On a side note, I never understood the hate some people have for Crossfit in general. Hating on Crossfit has become 'trendy' the past few years or so.

I know there's things that are not so good about it, but that has more to do with the people and gyms, not with Crossfit in general.

I started doing CF workouts on my own 6 years ago. I'd go to my company gym and do the WOD off the main website. I think CF has done a lot of good things for the fitness community. Olympic weightlifting has never been more popular.
I agree with this for the most part. The problem is the hardcore CF'ers that give everyone else a bad name. Wearing shirts that say, "My warm-up is your workout" and other elitist attitudes as they try to separate themselves as being better because they're so hard.

The CF HQ goes and programs a workout with increasingly heavier deadlifts with increasing reps and they go and prove they know nothing about safe programming. Good cf boxes and crossfitters are ruined by the bad ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness