Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 12:54 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,183,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Seems like you are one of the thyroid fakers yourself
My thyroid is just fine, not that it's any of your business.

My "excuse" for being 20 pounds overweight? I used to be 150 pounds overweight. But it's still none of your business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 12:58 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

My "excuse" for being 20 pounds overweight? I used to be 150 pounds overweight. But it's still none of your business.
So when you were 150lbs overweight did you make excuses for it, or did you actually know that you could be at a normal healthy weight, and just didn't care?

Old 09-03-2014, 01:01 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,576,740 times
Quote:
If you truly were a trainer/coach, you would have some training in behavioral health, its causes and its treatments. This post shows that you clearly do not.

It's none of your business. Why can't you people get that through your heads?
If its "none of our business", then why even volunteer the information? Its not as if people are walking around asking every overweight person if they have thyroid issues. Instead from what I've been seeing over the past 5-10yrs is many overweight people are using this as an explanation as to why they are overweight. Ironically these same people (the ones I know at least) eat everything under the sun. If you're fat and enjoy eating then just embrace it. Blaming it on a disease you dont have is just wrong.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:29 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
If you're fat and enjoy eating then just embrace it. Blaming it on a disease you dont have is just wrong.
Exactly, I know some fat people that will say exactly that. They love their food, they love their beer! Now, it's mostly males, but I'm sure some woman feel this way too.

The problem is when they complain to you about it, yet aren't willing to do anything. That's what's annoying.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:30 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,404,546 times
I made a similar post a couple of months ago and got tons of negative responses because I was just being honest. I truly don't believe that this many people can have thyroid problems. The majority of people are overweight because they choose to be, whether they admit it or not.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:37 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:

So your thyroid magically got cured or did you change your lifestyle?

if it is all none of anybody's business, why are you on a discussion forum?

Like somebody stated before - we don't go up to people and ask them why they are overweight. We politely ignore their obvious issues.

Theyare making it our business by throwing the lies out because I guess they are ashamed about themselves

Old 09-03-2014, 01:46 PM

6,459 posts, read 7,795,049 times
I can't come in today, my thyroid hurts.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:55 PM

Eat a donut (or 5)

Old 09-03-2014, 01:59 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
So your thyroid magically got cured or did you change your lifestyle?

if it is all none of anybody's business, why are you on a discussion forum?
Point missed. Congratulations! Let me spell it out for you.

No doubt if you saw me, you'd ridicule me for being 20 pounds overweight. But you don't know the whole story. You don't know anyone's whole story, including if their thyroid or other glands are affecting their metabolism and weight.

Old 09-03-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Point missed. Congratulations! Let me spell it out for you.

No doubt if you saw me, you'd ridicule me for being 20 pounds overweight. But you don't know the whole story. You don't know anyone's whole story, including if their thyroid or other glands are affecting their metabolism and weight.

I don't ridicule anybody. If you want to be overweight, that's not my problem.

It becomes my problem if people think I am stupid and tell me a bunch of lies about it, while pouring tons of sugar in their coffee or wolfing down a bunch of burgers.

I do not know your whole story (how could I??). So enlighten me and tell us how you lost so much weight? How did you even put it on? Apparently, it is something you are embarrassed about, otherwise you would have come out with the whole story already.

You want to participate on a discussion forum but all you do is throwing out insults and bits and pieces of opinions and facts that make people wildly guess instead of informing them correctly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness