Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 03:26 PM

393 posts, read 1,881,167 times

Advertisements

I am a member of few exercise forums, but cannot get anyone to compare these 2 sets of tapes for me. I own the Billy Blanks Taebo which was kind of expensive at the time, which was a few years ago. Now, I keep reading about Turbo Jam which is also a Taebo work out and now I am interested in it...!
Has anyone seen or worked out to both and can compare them for me, seems to me that they both have the same moves, and techniques just different instructor, and music
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 12:41 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,870,812 times
Turbo jam is NOT Taebo. The only instructor you will see in the real TaeBo workouts is Billy Blanks, period. I can't compare the two as I have a ton a TaeBo workouts I can't find time for. But there are a lot of new workouts that Billy has come out with over the years. Sorry I can't compare but I wanted to be sure you understand that TaeBo is trademarked by Billy and the moves, while they may be similar, are not the same.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:26 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
I've done both, although I haven't done Billy Blanks in a long time. Turbo Jam is fun and a good workout. If you get the 2-disc set you get a good cardio w/o and a good weight w/o. Sometimes all the kicking in the cardio w/o makes my hips sore, but I'm prone to that. Turbo Jam incorporates some martial arts moves with some dance moves. The instructor is very happy, upbeat and encouraging.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:59 PM

670 posts, read 2,999,222 times
I absolutely hated TurboJam, the instructor seemed so fake (from the tan to the boobs) and full of herself that I really couldn't handle that or the 100 times she would tell me "this is the most fun workout ever" type things. If the workout IS fun you don't have to repeat it over and over. I got it when it was new and sold it within a month on Ebay for twice the price..never regreted it.

Billy is more real and geninue IMO although I'm not a fan of all his workouts, they definitely work.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:44 AM

185 posts, read 583,276 times
Billy has worked my ass off *literally*
have not tried Turbo Jam

Old 01-13-2008, 04:32 PM

308 posts, read 1,617,326 times
As there are several different taebo tapes, what are some of the better ones or at least your favorite ones? I've been contemplating whether or not to pick up a few lately for those days I'm not at the gym but unsure on what to get.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:08 AM

51 posts, read 304,520 times
hands down tae bo with billy. I have the original VHS. and have had good results. I got turbo jam to try something different. I had taken similar classes through the local parks department and loved it. but I found turbo jam Boring and the Instructor annoying.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:33 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,870,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paramour View Post
As there are several different taebo tapes, what are some of the better ones or at least your favorite ones? I've been contemplating whether or not to pick up a few lately for those days I'm not at the gym but unsure on what to get.
The Amped workouts that came out last year are really fun! They have a weighted bar that helps with balance and really tones your upper body. I like the Fat Blaster series too. I don't have them but I've the Celebrity set he has are great too. I'm not a fan of the Bootcamp workouts. I HATE calesthenic exercises and that is all they are. Extreme is an awesome workout too. Hope this helped

Old 01-18-2008, 08:02 PM

670 posts, read 2,999,222 times
My FAVORITES are the Live series, which are out of print and only on VHS Great music, great workouts, no props; I LOVE them.

I do like the 2 celebrity workouts and Billy's Favorite moves.

I don't care for bootcamp infomercial sets because those bands are irritating (you can do it sans bands). I like Amped out of these 2.

I do not like the Power Rounds with the balls.

Now the ORIGINAL bootcamps (2 of them) which have camoflage on the covers are AWESOME! More like a hybrid of Tae Bo and actual calisthetics versus just Tae Bo though.

I have almost all his workouts except for the original kids' VHS and Tae Bo Gold...I know it's a sickness.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:27 AM

1 posts, read 7,809 times
for gym music and workout music, I recommend european dance music.......
it's ALWAYS the best motivational tool for me...
.....and you don't have to tell anyone at the office if u just listen to it on the mp3 player at the gym ....
.... here's a compilation series on itunes that I recommend:
[URL]http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/advancedSearchResults?albumTerm=Euro+Club+Hits+Vol[/URL]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness