Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 02:24 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foques View Post
I see no problem with that.
When I was trying to keep up with the pros I work/workout with, and eating the calories as they were, by the end of the day, my jaw was in pain, and my wallet was much lighter than I liked.

as a side notes, if you're having issues (gas, upset stomach etc) after consuming the supplements, try new ones.
as an example, I know I can't have any protein/mass gainers from BSN. They obliterate my internals.. now, Muscle Pharm stacks leave me feeling like I just had a desert.
Sadly, I had to go through good 7 different brands before It was MP turn.
Another suggestion as well could be to try some digestive enzymes with each meal, and/or some probiotics, those will also help your digestive system.

Good idea with trying different supplements, my syntha 6 has been doing that a little lately, but likely cause I slam it after a brutal workout and my stomach is already bothered from that lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 03:32 PM

522 posts, read 721,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Another suggestion as well could be to try some digestive enzymes with each meal, and/or some probiotics, those will also help your digestive system.

Good idea with trying different supplements, my syntha 6 has been doing that a little lately, but likely cause I slam it after a brutal workout and my stomach is already bothered from that lol.
Dude, I absolutely loved syntha6, but stopped using it because it would bloat me up. After sniffing around the web (and doing a job for MP which landed me a bunch of samples), I moved to something else.
During the said sniffing, I learned that a whole metric tonne of people are getting the same side effect.

and yes, probiotics (or flora restoration meds) were my next choice if I couldn't find a single functional supplement.

Old 09-25-2014, 03:48 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,372,004 times
Quote:
100% of every single bodybuilder that has stepped on the stage for the olympia the last 20 years has been on steroids.

Does that take away from their hard work and dedication?
No. But it's made the whole sport into a joke for most people.

Old 09-25-2014, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post
No. But it's made the whole sport into a joke for most people.
I totally skipped over this one, I think.
You're right.

a couple of my great inspirations (and trainers) are/were David Gonzalez (Labrada Nutrition), Herb Nordheimer (MuscleTech), George Assmus (RX and more) - all three guys are completely clean. Huge, ripped, but never used steroids.
I consider myself extremely lucky to have [had] them teach me.

Old 09-25-2014, 05:02 PM

Quote:
I totally skipped over this one, I think.
You're right.

a couple of my great inspirations (and trainers) are/were David Gonzalez (Labrada Nutrition), Herb Nordheimer (MuscleTech), George Assmus (RX and more) - all three guys are completely clean. Huge, ripped, but never used steroids.
I consider myself extremely lucky to have [had] them teach me.
Is this the george assmus you're talking about?

george assmus - Google Search

Because I am 100% positive, with no doubt in my mind, that he has used steroids based off those pictures.

I really hope you don't try and say otherwise but there is 0% chance that he hasn't taken steroids..

What's sad is that people believe that, they take supplements they sell expecting to look like that, which isn't remotely possible without steroids. That exact belief is why the supplement industry is so big. People believing they can look like that naturally.

News flash, virtually every fitness guy that level and above claim to be clean. Even current Olympians don't admit to it for the obvious legality and sponsorship reasons. They'd lose their contracts and be kicked out of the IFBB. Sponsors and the IFBB will not promote or support drug use. It's simply a "dont ask don't tell" kind of thing.

Last edited by houstan-dan; 09-25-2014 at 06:25 PM..

Old 09-25-2014, 05:07 PM

Iron Man Magazine

Look at his competition history man... not even natural shows. Even natural guys are RARELY natural, they just cycle off before testing...

This guy is in a high weight class and clearly on steroids. My gawd I hate the fitness industry for this kind of stuff.. Sooooo many people are led to believe these physiques are attainable naturally..

He's only the first one I looked up. Didn't check the others.

Edit - looked up herb.. same as the other guy. 100% on steroids...

Old 09-26-2014, 08:41 AM

2,483 posts, read 4,372,004 times
Quote:
Even natural guys are RARELY natural, they just cycle off before testing...
I agree, a 'true' natural would look more like this…
http://media.sanluisobispo.com/smedi...filiate.76.JPG
And even then only after hitting a peak in the gym and pumping up and oiling right before the pick.
Quote:
News flash, virtually every fitness guy that level and above claim to be clean. Even current Olympians don't admit to it for the obvious legality and sponsorship reasons. They'd lose their contracts and be kicked out of the IFBB. Sponsors and the IFBB will not promote or support drug use. It's simply a "dont ask don't tell" kind of thing.
True. And I'm certain it's also true of all major pro sports (including but not limited to football, baseball, basketball) as well. What we're learning over time is, not which sports have allowed drugs to creep in, but which have been the most shameless about hiding it. The fact is, if you feel very agitated about the state of drug use in sports today and think it's cheating, then you'll probably need to stop watching sport altogether… except maybe bowling or fishing or something but even then I'm not sure… But we've just opened a can o worms I suppose. (no fishing pun intended)

Old 09-26-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Is this the george assmus you're talking about?

george assmus - Google Search

Because I am 100% positive, with no doubt in my mind, that he has used steroids based off those pictures.

I really hope you don't try and say otherwise but there is 0% chance that he hasn't taken steroids..

What's sad is that people believe that, they take supplements they sell expecting to look like that, which isn't remotely possible without steroids. That exact belief is why the supplement industry is so big. People believing they can look like that naturally.

If he has used any chemicals, it was over two decades ago.

His current look is all natural; I've gone through the whole training road with him. The man is an absolute genius when it comes down to muscular isolation and development, and one of the hardest workers i've ever seen in my life.

And, please, tell me that you also thing that David is a steroid user.
For the record, I do not buy any of the supplements the guys I mentioned above advertise; I can't. These guys helped me to believe in myself, and thanks to them I went from 130lbs (original 97, but there initial weight gain was due to another reason) to my current state in last 5 years.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:42 AM

Quote:
If he has used any chemicals, it was over two decades ago.

His current look is all natural; I've gone through the whole training road with him. The man is an absolute genius when it comes down to muscular isolation and development, and one of the hardest workers i've ever seen in my life.

And, please, tell me that you also thing that David is a steroid user.
For the record, I do not buy any of the supplements the guys I mentioned above advertise; I can't. These guys helped me to believe in myself, and thanks to them I went from 130lbs (original 97, but there initial weight gain was due to another reason) to my current state in last 5 years.
I'm just saying that in those pictures I looked at, the guy was on steroids at the time they are taken.

Other than that it's misleading to convince people they can achieve that body type drug free, it's really not that important to the discussion.

In regards to your last two paragraphs here, that is ALL that matters, his knowledge and work ethic. Whether or not someone does or has taken steroids, it doesn't take away from their knowledge or work ethic. Personally, if I was to ever take them, I'd probably try harder and study even more, so that I know I am making 100% use of the money I would be spending.

This just goes to show, that whether or not they take them, they are still good guys, knowledgeable, and willing to help others.

Old 09-26-2014, 04:05 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,031 times
You guys are ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness